Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 BMW 328:

Nov 242017

328

"takata recall" I was hit by a driver going approx 100mph on highway 50E from behind and after being severally hit my tekata airbag damaged my chest, hurt my face, burned my clothes, arms, and made it impossible to breathe. This wouldn't have happened if BMW had more availability to inform, replace and fix such a horrific event.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 292017

328

The contact owned a 2000 BMW 328I. While driving 65 mph, the contact's vehicle crashed into a wall to avoid being struck by another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the neck and back, which did not require medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 184,000.

- Burlington, NJ, USA

Oct 162017

328

I recieved a notice about this recall about 2 years ago and had it checked at BMW santa maria (ca). Tyhey said they wo0uld order the parts and call when they came in. Hearing nothing for a period of time I was told BMW wasn't willing to do the replacement at that time. That the believed my car was not at risk. When I recieced a 2nd notice I called them again and was told the repairs had been made. I asked to show me proof of this and they have not. I do not know what to do next.

- Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Nov 122013

328

Airbag warning light with a takata recall notice. My 2000 323I has a airbag seatbelt warning light that will not go away. The vehicle was damage from the rear end passenger side. Repair work was done to correct the damages.

- Comyers, GA, USA

Jun 012015

328 6-cyl

Takata recall - my air bag light is on. Evidence of moisture was discovered after further inspection by a certified BMW technician. This is inline will the current recall however I am being told that my VIN is not affected. I am extremely concerned about my safety in the event of an accident. What I am experiencing is exactly what is described in the recall and it should be repaired by BMW in accordance with the recall and the law. This is a major safety issue and needs to be resolved asap before something tragic happens. The recall needs to be expanded to include all vehicles that are affected by the faulty parts or installation of the air bags.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Sep 052016

328

Takata recall my airbag in the steering wheel deploy. It had been parked for a week or so getting fluids changed. Went to go pick it up and the airbag in the steering wheel had deploy. Vehicle was parked time of incident.

- Clover, SC, USA

Jul 232016

328

Takata recall!! I was driving 35 mph on a regular street I always drive on and mid drive both passanger and driver air bags deployed for no reason!!!! causing very serious injuries!! also causing more damage to my car!!!!

- Mandeville, LA, USA

Sep 092014

328

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2000 BMW 3 series. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Cutchogue, NY, USA

Oct 012013

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. While driving 35 mph, the contact drove over a pothole and the front passenger side curtain and headliner air bags partially deployed inadvertently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the passenger side air bag head liner module, passenger side door air bag module, front passenger side door trim panel, battery, and battery cable needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 02V223000 (air bags), but the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 092015

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repairs was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Apr 102015

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the driver side window door air bag deployed without warning, and the engine stalled. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 182,300. The VIN was not available.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Sep 152014

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pesacola, FL, USA

Sep 012014

328 6-cyl

Received notification from BMW usa for recall campaign no. 14V-428 (defective front seat passenger air bag) last September 2014. As of today's date (March 11, 2015), BMW usa has not informed me when I can expect them to perform the work needed to rectify the defective front passenger air bag. Their suggestion that I operate the vehicle without a front seat passenger is ludicrous and virtually impractical.

- Keller, TX, USA

Mar 052015

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Wexford, PA, USA

Mar 042015

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the frontal driver side air bag deployed. The contact had to maneuver to the side of the road to complete stop. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Monnsey, NY, USA

Feb 202015

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Litchfield , CT, USA

Sep 082014

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 3 series. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Sep 152014

328

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 03/24/15 the consumer stated the vehicle was scheduled to be repaired on March 17, 2015. Updated 10/15/15

- New York , NY, USA

Jul 242014

328 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2000 BMW 328I. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part was not available to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 188,000. Updated 03/04/15 updated 6/15/2015

- Mebane, NC, USA

Sep 232014

328 6-cyl

2000-2006 BMW 3 series. Defect on front passenger air bag. The consumer stated he received a safety recall notice, regarding the air bag, on September 23, 2014. He stated too much time has gone by without a remedy or further information. Recall # 14V428000

- Phoenix, MD, USA