Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze:

Aug 192019

Cruze

It started around the 18th of this month. When I go to turn my car making a popping sound... I take it into my Chevy dealership they state its the steering rack.. they replace my steering gear at N/C because at that time I was able to get it in warranty, we are not on my third visit no longer under GM warranty due to miles and I still hear popping when turning..

- Wilmington, OH, USA

Aug 302019

Cruze

Car has a ticking noise coming from the engine bay. Currently at a Chevy dealership, but noise has temporarily gone away. Seems that they can't find the issue at the moment but it seems that other older and newer vehicles of they same kind as mine (Chevy Cruze 2018) 1.4L automatic has had similar issues with a ticking noise coming from the engine bay area. This ticking noise lasted a whole day but went away this morning once driving the car for about 10 minutes on highway.

- Sealy, TX, USA

Aug 092019

Cruze

Went to stop and pedal got hard to push down this has happened on 3 separate occasions the first time it was under warranty the 2nd time it happened I had amechanic fix it the 3rd time I took it to a Chevrolet dealer this shouldn't happen to a vehicle 15 months old

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Jul 032019

Cruze

The tire pressure monitor system is messing up all the time. I was headed to my sister in laws in Maryland and I was 2 hrs away from her house N 3 hours away from my house and the tire light came on and my car said that my tire pressure was low. I was on a busy highway and I freaked out bc I couldn't get over to fix my tire. I ended up getting over and finding out that my tire was completely fine and it was just the system messing up. I started driving again and as I was driving my car started reading that the tire pressure was slowly going back up to were it's supposed to be. Ever since then the tire pressure monitor goes off and then goes away after awhile.

- Carroll, OH, USA

Jun 102019

Cruze

This is a diesel cruz. Of no fault of my own, the car must be taken to the dealer to have a manual regeneration of the exhaust particulate filter performed with 16K miles on the car.

- Leechburg, PA, USA

Jan 122019

Cruze

Water is leaking into the trunk. It was supposedly repaired on 1/12/2019. I had to return on 1/21/2019 because water was still leaking into the trunk. Then after apparently being fixed again, I was forced to return on 1/30/2019 with water still leaking into the trunk, nothing was done (I have pictures and video of said leak).

- Oakboro, NC, USA

Oct 242018

Cruze

2018 display brightness issue night time driving the display is way to bright. Dimming lights with dimmer switch has no results. Display brightness is so distracting it blinds occupants of the vehicle. Contacting Chevrolet they displayed ignorance of the problem. A search of the internet provide multiple complaints of this problem on several model in addition to the cruise

- Mound, MN, USA

Aug 122018

Cruze

The computer screen in the dash stays at full brightness at night. This makes for a blind spot driving and very hard to park the car on the street as it blocks view to the mirror on right.

- St.Louis, MO, USA

Aug 052018

Cruze

While driving my 2018 Chevy Cruze the oil light came on, the engine locked up, and the vehicle caught fire. The dealership said that it was due to a fuel line spraying fuel on the engine.

- Boomer, WV, USA

Nov 292017

Cruze

The interior of the car has several areas with chrome type of material for decorations. During daytime driving, the sun hits it and blinds me, so it prevents me from driving safely until sundown.

- Chicago, IL, USA