Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Impala:

Feb 192019

Impala

On this vehicle when you go to make a left hand turn from a stop, the front driver wheel, caliper, or something in the drivetrain locks up and will not allow the vehicle to proceed forward making a left turn. The vehicle only goes forward when you let off the gas then press the gas peddle again. This has been known now for 5 months and the customer is complaining that she almost got into accident, how ever here at dieselz motorsports we had replaced the rack and pinion, front rotors and pads and outer tie rods. And the issue still persist.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

Mar 012019

Impala

"takata recall" having problems with the rotors, tire end rods, and motor mount.

- Grenada, MS, USA

Aug 202018

Impala

Safety ignition recall #14299.....I received recall notice from GM 8-2014 ¿.I took car to dealer..in which they modified top plastic portion of key with new piece with eyelet smaller and told to keep key and transmitter by itself do not add any additional keys...my dilemma is now ignition switch itself is jamming up..locks up, ,it takes 3-4 tries to turn off...and it turning on locks up if you or on any kind of incline....bottom line this ignition switch itself was defective and quick fix was to modify top portion of key to take weight off. Well GM and dealer say recall was not for ignition switch itself persay but for key...and I will be responsible for repairs/cost to replace ignition switch.....

- Seaford, DE, USA

Apr 022014

Impala

There is an issue with the door lock actuators and the recirculation door actuator. The door looks are now 98% manual. Every once-in-awhile they will start working again. This has led to a few instances of my vehicle being locked automatically with the keys inside. This can be extremely hazardous when it comes to pets and children. There is a loud tapping behind the dash due to the recirculation door actuator. This can be rather distracting and worrisome when it starts happening for the first time while you are driving. This is a common and known issue for GM/ Chevy vehicles during this time frame.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jun 292018

Impala

General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2009 ¿ 2010 Chevrolet Impala vehicles. The front passenger seat frame in these vehicles may rub against and damage the wires of the passenger presence sensor (pps) module, which could cause the pps system to fail to recognize that the passenger seat is occupied and improperly suppress the front passenger airbag. In addition, the cluster gauges and driver information center (dic) alerts may intermittently turn off or not function properly. In rare circumstances, the damage to the pps module could cause the airbag fuse to short, resulting in the loss of all airbags and seat belt pretensioners. General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in 2005-2009 model year (my) Buick lacrosse, 2006-2011 my Buick lucerne, 2000-2005 my Cadillac Deville, 2007-2011 my Cadillac dts, 2006-2014 my Chevrolet Impala and 2006-2007 my Chevrolet Monte Carlo vehicles. If the key ring is carrying added weight and the vehicle goes off road or experiences some other jarring event, it may unintentionally move the key away from the "run" position.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Nov 302017

Impala

2009 Chevy Impala lt malfunctions ¿blend door actuator not turning causing the temperature control system to not work properly: Heater blows cold air when in park *there is a loud knocking sound coming from the dashboard. When I start my car, unlock my car, open a car door (driver, passenger, front, back) and while my car is parked with the ignition off. ¿the front driver side door lock mechanism not working: Have to manually lock and unlockthe drivers side door with the key and sometimes my kids have to unlock door from inside the car. ¿left passenger power window won¿T roll down. The last two items could result in a short in the circuit board. A short may cause the power door lock and power window switches to become inoperative. These could cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing odor, smoke, or a fire increasing the risk of personal injury. Mechanic said that these malfunctions are a common problem in Chevy Impala so it seems that these are obviously faulty parts. I am extremely aggravated that this is a known and consistent issue with this car yet have not been recalled. Not good! there are several actuators, they all need to be replaced. GM should do a recall on this model to fix these items. Could be significant if there's an emergency and I can't unlock the door and can¿T roll left passenger window down. The last two conditions could increase the risk of injury during a crash.

- Noble, OK, USA

May 232018

Impala

As I go down the road the engine light comes on and the stabletrek waring trackion light also comes on light and power reduce engine power light comes on but not all the time it goes off after a day or so and than no one can fine the problem.

- Sioux City, IA, USA

Feb 072018

Impala

Service traction control message, check tire pressure light, check engine light, reduced engine power lights intermittently go on when driving down the highway. Problem accelerating when reduced engine power message is on. Lights/messages go away sometimes when driving and when I turn car off sometimes. Lights come back on in varying combinations with no warning when driving down the road.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Jan 182018

Impala

ABS lights come on service traction control lights come on and it cuts the engine when it comes

- Millville, PA, USA

Oct 012017

Impala

Takata recall, traction control (ABS) 1. service air bag 2. service traction control, ABS light comes on. Car loses power when pressing on the gas pedal

- Irvine, CA, USA

Aug 202017

Reduced engine power

- Kingwood, TX, USA

May 032017

Impala

Autonation along with GM communicated with my mechanic and myself and told me that my car repairs would be completed and paid for by GM as part of recall work and subsequent damage from the recall work not being performed before additional damage could occur. We were even told that our rental car would be paid for but once they towed the car from our mechanic to their shop, they told us that we would have to pay for that, although didn't communicate that to us until over a month had gone by. Subsequently, autonation towed my car back to my mechanic but with even more damage than they themselves stated had been the situation with my car. Their own mechanic stated both verbally and in writing (in the work order) that the recalled wires shorted causing the damage to my car. No one will tell us why that changed once our car was towed to them as we would never have towed it to them if that would have been the case. Additionally, no one has told us why or who the someone is who disagreed with their own mechanic (and 3 additional mechanics subsequently) and made the determination that we would have to pay for the short and related damages. I do have the GM document safety recall report associated with this recall that outlines what happened to our call will happen to 1 percent of the cars manufactured during the timeframe my car was manufactured as well as the work order from autonation clearly stating a short caused damage to my vehicle

- Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA

Jul 112017

Impala

A/C actuator arm, 3rd one gone bad, first 2 were $175 to repair, this one almost $700 to repair & we cannot afford that... obviously this is a problem... why not a recall? rear window defroster wiring bad & it has quit working at all.

- Harrison, OH, USA

Jun 282017

Impala

I called my local Chevy automobile place and they can not find the recall on 36110 passenger presence sensor and instrument cluster malfunction I need this fixed because I can tell how fast I'm going not see how much gas I got in my tank none of the instruments in the dashboard work I'm always running out of gas and I can't tell if car is hot or cold car is in motion when all this occurs

- Lubbock, TX, USA

May 082017

Impala

After starting my car and pressing on the accelerator car starts to jerk lights flicker and the message service traction control. The car will sometimes lose power. And does this while driving and will not accererate. I have changed the accerator petal positioning sensor as well as the battery. I do not feel safe driving this care whatsoever. And I've seen that many other Impala have had this issues. This has happened many times. I should not have to pay for repairs when this is clearly a manufacturer issue.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 272016

Impala

The airbag light comes on intermittently. Was in a collision and the airbag did not deploy. The car was repaired but airbag light still comes on. Also the horn does not work when I press on the steering wheel. The cruise control does not work either. The lights on the cruise control buttons do not light up.

- Weslaco, TX, USA

May 122016

Impala

While driving the check engine light and traction control light comes on and reduce engine power reads across the screen. Car slows to 45 miles an hour and turns off. I have had the throttle replaced and the throttle body replaced. The problem still on going....?

- Conyers, GA, USA

Aug 242016

Impala

"takata recall" this traction service control is going to get someone killed if it haven't already!!!! it comes on everyday and, few minutes it jump on and off! I have taken my to the dealership for traction service control which also had a recall and they told me I was over the 120,000 miles for the the recall. The guy act like it didn't T do it with him. I can not pull out in front of anyone because it stall out and make noise to bad, I can not back uphills without this being a problem. I get in an accident and I make out; I also told my family if I don't please sue the dealership because they is not taking this serious! me and my family along with other drivers life are in danger with this problem

- Abbeville, SC, USA

May 152015

A/C actuator

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Impala

A traction control light comes on says it is reducing speed and the car will loose power and just die. This is so dangerous it has happened three times on the freeway with my kids in the. I received a special notice recall but when I took it in they said that since I was over the mileage they could not do the repair. The key is also stuck in the ignition and will not come out draining the batter, aaa has come out twice to switch the battery out for me. There is alwas a clicking sound coming from the dashboard.

- Riverside, CA, USA