Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Impala:

Dec 122016

Impala

TL the contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the driver's side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to maggio Buick GMC (310 new roads St, new roads, la 70760, (225) 240-7605) where it was diagnosed that the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. The driver's side air bag sensor was repaired twice; however, the failure recurred. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 16V507000 (air bags, electrical system). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and provided case number: 9-547-428-9300. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000.

- Fordoche, LA, USA

May 222005

Impala

"takata recall". I have had the "service air bag" message along with the red indicator on my instrument panel for a few years. I do not see my vehicle on the recall list. Should I be concerned? anytime the ignition is turned on.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 262019

Impala

The service air bag light keeps coming on while we are driving our car. And IżM worried that the air bags will not deploy in a accident, or they may deploy while driving down the road. I donżT want to disable the air bags but not knowing why the light for the air bags is coming on. I have looked online to see what I can do about this and I have found out that this is happening a lot on the 2006-2014 Impala's. and people have taken there car in to the dealership to get fixed and the dealership canżT figure out why this is happening. And they canżT seem to fix it. Plus our service our traction control keeps coming on and the dealership canżT figure out why this is happening. This seems to be the problem with this car and the dealership canżT figure out why this is happening so they canżT fix it. So IżM worried that this car isnżT safe to drive because the air bags might not deploy in a accident or if they will just deploy driving down the road.

- Sedro Woolley, WA, USA

Aug 202019

Impala

2009 Chevy Impala tps sensor keeps appearing but tire dealer couldn't dx problem pass side right front. Today air bag P/S side air bag warning light came on. Dealer sold as is. Think none of this should have never gone thru md state inspection. Please help

- Reisterstown, MD, USA

Sep 012018

Impala

The passenger air bag will not turn on. It is disabled and the digital reader below the speedometer flashes service airbag. Dealer said there is no recall and it's fixed?

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Jul 222019

Impala

Had car repaired and was informed that the passenger airbag is malfunctioning. I cannot afford $900 for a new one. Is there someone who can help me with this issue?

- Payette, ID, USA

Jun 012019

Impala

Airbag light stays on and it has a airbag message on the dash the ignition switch doesn't work the car won't turn over

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jan 012018

Impala

I took my car in for the last recall for the passanger air bag sensor it did not turn the light off and the dealer says ther is a differant issue with it and that's why the airbag light is on. I couldn't tell you what they did as far as taping the wires or replacing the sensor. But I feel like they did nothing now they tell me the part is $433 and labor and programing is almost $1000. I see many cars have this same issue with the passanger presence sensor module. The airbag light on keeps me from getting the car inspected. Basically if you sit in my passanger side front seat it can't recognize anyone sitting there. Any help would be welcome on this situation.

- Brattleboro, VT, USA

Jun 032019

Impala

While driving on a street, the airbag service light illuminated and warning indicator for the red airbag sign displayed. Checked all connections and drove it to the dealership. They said they fixed the problem but they did not.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 262019

Impala

My Impala has had airbag issues since 2016 display panel constantly says to service air bag especially when someone sits in the passenger seat. I received the airbag recall notice back in 2016 and took the car to the dealer. They rewrapped the wires under passenger seat and system was ok for around 6 months then it started doing the same things with same issue. Stating to service air bag and when in passenger seat is the only time it says this and it also displays that the passenger air bag is off.

- Webb City, MO, USA

Mar 012019

Impala

The car started to state the airbag needed servicing. I looked up the issue online and saw the recall for my make and model. Recall number 273230. The NHTSA number is 16V507000. Separately, the steering wheel is incredibly stiff when starting the car, and while making turns. Need both arms to force the car to turn. There is no issue with power steering fluid. The steering loosens a small amount when applying pressure on the gas.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Apr 112019

Impala

My airbag light keeps coming on and off, I owned another 2009 Chevy Impala that I had a recall on but when I type in this one it doesn't come up. But the airbag light does keep coming on and off.

- Chetek, WI, USA

Feb 202018

Impala

For over a year now, an airbag red light comes on sporadically along with a beeping noise. I can't afford the hundreds of dollars the local dealership requires to check it out to see if it is the drivers side or passenger air bag. I just want to know if it imposes any danger. They say it may me just a faulty system and that it doesn't necessarily mean that the airbag wouldn't deploy in an emergency. But they have to take the whole front side out to check. The labor time is quite price. Also, when using my remote, the door locks stay locked off and on. No rhyme of reason. It has been going on for over a year; but your form here makes me put just one date down in order to proceed.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Nov 192018

Impala

Door locks work intermittently with remote, especially over 75 degrees. Usually driver door lock but can be any. All still work manually. This can be very dangerous because handicapped people are often in this vehicle and canżT get out on their own. Also intermittently dependent on how hot it is the service passenger airbag light comes on but often disappears. This started soon after the so called airbag recall was done.

- Cooper City, FL, USA

Aug 012016

Impala 6-cyl

2009 Chevrolet Impala. Consumer writes in regards to illuminated passenger side airbag light.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Nov 132018

Impala

~TL the contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was serviced per NHTSA campaign number: 08V517000 (air bags), but the air bag warning indicator remained illuminated after the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 96,000.

- Georgetown, KY, USA

Sep 012015

Impala

Service airbag light had been coming on intermittently for a few months noticed it happened when it was cold and or when making left turns until it came on indefinitely recall after recall I hoped should resolve every time they say it has nothing to do with recall at time of service/recall correction.

- Lago Vista, TX, USA

Oct 022018

Impala

Cleaned interior of ca while sitting still in driveway. Service seat belt warning appeared in information center display. Had the code read at mechanic. Seat belt pretensioner was found to be the issue.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Sep 212018

Impala

Air bag service light comes on and won't go off. A lot of people on the internet are also having trouble.

- Romulus, MI, USA

Sep 052018

Impala

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Impala. The contact stated that when the passenger seat was adjusted, the air bag indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or independent mechanic for diagnostic testing or repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 118,000.

- Worcester, MA, USA