8.9

Most common solutions:

2. replace condenser (6 reports)
  3. (1 reports)
  4. new rear evaporator (1 reports)
  5. replace compressor (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

Jun 302017

Tahoe LT 3.2L V6

I need my air fixed bad. It's entirely too hot to be riding around with no cooling system and defrost. I've only had vehicle for 1yr.

- , Wilmington, US

Jul 102017

Tahoe LTZ V8

These pieces of crap at General Motors have a nationwide shortage of condensers that are leaking on all 2015 and later a/c. They are keeping quite about all of it. My Chevy dealer said they have lots of vehicles sitting that can't be sold until the condensers are replaced. I'm so damn mad I could just lose it. It is hot as hell in Alabama with humidity like a steam sauna. I am done with GM sh*t and Chevrolet. If I can sue them, trust me I will!

- , Tuscaloosa, US

Jun 122017

Tahoe LTZ V8

AC stopped working. It wasn't blowing out hot air, but I called it "luke-cold". I took it to my mechanic and they diagnosed it as a hole in the condenser and that it should be covered under warranty and to take it to the dealer. I called the dealer and at 56K I'm outside of the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I then went to take it back to the shop when the shop called to say they'd looked into it more and there is a nation-wide back-order on Tahoe condensers. That's when I started to dig into the issue and found this site. It looks like this is a big issue and hopefully will be covered under a recall soon. The bad news is that I have a 12 hour road trip coming up in 2 weeks with two kids. That is NOT going to be fun with no AC.

- , Doylestown, PA, US

Jun 022017

Tahoe LT V8

2015 Tahoe - a/c condenser is cracked. Nationwide back order for part and no idea when I might get my truck back. In the meantime, the loaner they have available is a Camaro. Sounds nice, and I'm thankful to have something to drive in the interim, but with a family of 5 and a husband who's 6'9", it definitely is not practical or comfortable.

- , Wimauma, US

May 012017

Tahoe LT

Same issue as all the rest:

1.) A/C stops working 2.) Mechanic replaces freon but can't find a leak in the lines 3.) A/C is blowing hot air again after 3 days; freon completely gone 4.) Mechanic runs dye through lines to find the leak, replaces freon again 5.) A/C is blowing hot air again after 2 days; freon completely gone 6.) Mechanic notes a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and widespread complaints of issue with compressor...suggests browbeating Chevy dealer over the issue, given how new the truck is. 7.) Issue raised with Chevy dealer...no response, as yet (not expecting anything positive)

Probably the last GM vehicle I will ever purchase. Going back to the Japanese or Germans (much as I want to buy American).

- , Mc Lean, VA, US

Apr 202017

Tahoe LT V8

AC failed in April. Took to dealer and they said it would cost $2000 because it was just outside of warranty. I asked my own mechanic to research and he said he couldn't find the condenser anywhere. At that time, I started to research. I contacted Chevy directly and they said they would cover $1800 of the cost if the work was done at the dealer. Issue now is finding the part. They are severely back ordered. My dealer has 13 on order just for one dealer. Taking about 60 days to fulfill the part.

- , Bellevue, US

Mar 222017

Tahoe LTZ V8

Purchased new model Chevy Tahoe 3 years ago and A/C not working. I live in the northeast and only use the AC 6 months/year. Was told the part is on back-order for at least 10 weeks - due to the number of 2015 Chevy Tahoes with this same issue that need the part. This is obviously a company wide issue that needs to be addressed since 2015 was the brand new model for the Tahoe. Was told the part will be over $2000 (on a 3 year old car!!!). Hoping my dealer goes to bat for me w/GM and I get reimbursed for the part. But even with that I will have to wait until the summer to get the part and will have NO A/C. This is my 3rd and last GM car for sure.

- , St Davids, US

May 112017

Tahoe

gm should cover this. and the answer of not letting us know when the parts are coming in is total BS

- , Orange, CA, US

May 052017

Tahoe LT V8

I'm a big fan of the Chevy SUV line up. Past owner of 3 Suburbans and each model better than the last. Super reliability. However I'm concerned of this Tahoe. The A/C just stopped working and I see quite a few similar issues. Hopefully they cover the repair. No way A/C should fail in this day and age. I suspect a larger issue as I had inquired that the heat was not consistent. One day 70 is comfortable, the next day feels like 85, the next day feels like 60. Wish me luck, but this could be a critical point in my GM lifespan.

Update from Aug 13, 2017: Update. After 2 visits to the dealer, they found a very tiny crack-hole in the rear AC line. The cost to fix estimated $880 plus tax. I passed and will seek alt solution. Two weeks later I'm contacted by lawyer group asking about a class action lawsuit on GM for failing to fix this known situation. Poor quality lines, under vehicle exposed to the elements that easily cracks, losing coolant and in many cases ruining the compressor.

- , Saint Albans, VT, US

Aug 032016

Tahoe LT 5.3L

This SUV lives in Michigan. No way should it only last 2 years. Plus I had to pay to replace it as my warranty was up. Too many miles

- , Sparta, MI, USA

Jun 292016

Tahoe LT

Really disappointed that this expensive vehicle would have an issue like AC going out at 2 years old. And of course it is out of warranty. I live in the Pacific NW so only use AC in the spring and summer, so it has not even seen a lot of use. But when you need it, you need it. I have not taken it in as I have not had time so I do not know what this will set me back yet. Again this is not something that should go out in such a short time so I am truly irritated and disappointed in Chevy. This was my first Chevy, but given this issue and a couple others I am not happy about it might just be my last. I am sad that it seem Chevy does not stand behind it's product.

- , Bellingham, WA, USA

May 202015

Tahoe LT V8

I've owned this vehicle for 4 months and it's the biggest POS I've ever purchased!! It's in the shop constantly with different things going on. I've HAD IT!! I want this car replaced!!!!!! DO NOT waste your hard earned money on this POS SUV!!!

- , Sour Lake, TX, USA

Aug 162015

Tahoe LX V8

Like everyone else; paid $50K for vehicle and to have the A/C go out is just ridiculous!

- , Santa Barbara, USA

Jul 252015

Tahoe LTZ 5.3L

Front and rear AC stopped working. Brought it in, was told to pick it up a couple of days later, problem persisted. Brought it back. Was told twice that the problem was fixed, went to the dealership wasted my time 2 times, because problem still persisted. Then front AC was fixed, rear wouldn't work. Had to leave it there again. Altogether I came back 3 times for nothing.

- , McKinney, USA

Jun 222015

Tahoe LT V8

I have had several issues with my 2015 Tahoe, but the AC not working is awful. I paid over $50,000 for this truck, I should not have major repairs like this one.

I have also had issues with the radio, seats, and navigation.

- , Mulvane, KS, USA

Jul 192014

Tahoe LTZ V8

I live in Texas. Coming home from a family camping trip the AC stopped working! It was miserable! Summer heat with 5 boys in the car, for 4 hours! It was fixed under warranty, however not a good impression for a 65k vehicle that was only a month old.

- , Pearland, TX, US

Apr 282014

Tahoe LTZ V8

I bought the 2015 LTZ Tahoe on 3/10/2014...... I SO REGRET IT....... I was so excited and didn't buy a car last year waiting for the new model... What a disappointment....

On our first trip the air conditioner condenser leaked condensate at the passenger visor clip. I took it to Davis Chevrolet (where I bought it) across the Reliant Stadium on the 610 Loop, and they could not find why it leaked. So I picked it up.

Then two weeks later on the first hot day (4/28/2014) in Houston on my way home I turn on the air conditioner and the A/C was not working. Luckily the shop closes at 7:00PM, so I drove it in. The service rep saw the A/C was not working in the front, the back, no A/C on the seats. They took it in and they called me the next day saying that the A/C began to work on its own. And it was ready for pick up :(

Its still in the shop b/c I did not agree to pick it up, they still cant find whats wrong with it a month later......Its a nice vehicle but in Houston you need A/C. If you feel A/C is not necessary then its a good purchase.... Too bad I live in Houston, and it gets above 100 in the summer....

Oh and today 5/17 I found out there is a new recall on the 2015 Tahoe........What to do???

- , Pearland, TX, US