Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse:

May 142010

Traverse

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated while driving approximately 70 mph the transmission failed to operate with the illumination of the engine warning indicator. The rpms began to reduce and a popping noise also emitted from the transmission. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for diagnosis. The transmission was replaced. The failure recurred nine times. Two days after the repair was performed the water pump was replaced by the dealer. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 9,982.

- Longview, WA, USA

Jan 202013

Traverse 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse with hand-controlled mobility equipment. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph, the vehicle was hesitant to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis and also to the mobility equipment mechanic. Neither technician was able to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Titusville, NJ, USA

Jul 152010

Traverse 6-cyl

The vehicle always roll backs when you are stopped on a slope when you put the car in park. This happens to all the time. The slope is not very steep and other cars I have do not have this problem. I have taken it to several Chevy dealers and they say that there is no problem and the vehicle is working normally. The problem has been happening from the day I bought the vehicle. Several times people have gotten out of the car and have gotten knocked over by the door when the vehicle rolls backwards on a slope.

- Menifee, CA, USA

May 142010

Traverse 6-cyl

1st. My wife was pulling out of a parking spot and had to stop quickly, then when she proceeded to leave again by letting off the brake - the car rolled forward on a slight incline and hit the car parked next to her. When she removed her foot to the gas - nothing she could do to prevent this incident. 2nd. While in the drive position on a hill at a stop sign or traffic signal, I removed my foot from the brake. The vehicle began to roll back almost hitting the vehicle behind me. We further tested the vehicle on various hills/inclines both in drive and reverse and it continued to roll in the opposite direction of the engaged gear. Apparently, this is a characteristic of the automatic transmission on this vehicle, the service consultant at courtesy Chevrolet of orlando, said this is a flaw in the power train and theirs no known fix. He advised us not to drive it to the mountains if it were him. Since our SUV is for my vacations and primary use, we are very concerned for our safety. We can't afford another vehicle since we had saved up for the down payment for this car. I saw there are a lot of complains of the same case, it was mentioned until someone dies and/or the family files a lawsuit - no recall or action will be done to fix this! please help in address this issue. I set up a facebook page to address this concern: www.facebook.com/chevytraversedeathtrap.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Aug 252011

Traverse

Vehicle seems to hesitate also stalling while at highway speed trying to accelerate to pass (feels like a miss in the engine) RPM drop about 500 - 700 rpms when this happens. It also feels like the torque converter lockup is engaging and disengaging not sure if the new transmissions have that anymore. Have taken the vehicle to the dealership and they were unable to find any problems. The dealership last month reprogrammed the transmission to eliminate the hard shifting problem with a bulletin issued from Chevrolet.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Apr 102009

Traverse

When my cruise is on and I have a steep incline to approach, once I am down the incline, the vehicle shifts from 6th gear down to 4th or 5th gear and stays there. My dealer has run diagnostics on this 4 times now, and still no answer. I have bulletin number #09-06-04-019 issued 3-23-09 and my vehicle is having all the problems listed. It is supposed to have the latest software, but it still has the problem. I have requested another vehicle as they have been working on the problem since it was 2 weeks old and it is now 6 weeks old. This happens everytime I have it on cruise on this type of incline. What other corrections have been made to repair this problem?

- Franklin, LA, USA