4.1

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

Feb 012019

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the starter failed twice and the vehicle was unable to be started. On a different occasion, the vehicle would not shift into park. The vehicle was towed to bob moore Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of tulsa (4627 S memorial dr, tulsa, ok 74145, (918) 663-6343). The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 38,000.

- Sand Springs, OK, USA

Oct 162018

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the ABS indicator illuminated and went off. The failure recurred randomly. Later, the contact attempted to start the vehicle while the ABS indicator was illuminated, and the vehicle did not start. The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 30,854.

- Blanchard, OK, USA

Jan 072019

200

My car was driving just fine until I went to reverse out of the parking spot I was parked in. I pushed the brake down to release the emergency brake and all of a sudden my brake got harder to push down. It displays on my screen the ┐brake┐ is on but it's not. It almost feels like my brakes went out but it's so hard to push them down. Luckily it happened while I was in a parking lot rather then on a main road or even the highway. I took it to the dealership and was told it was my brake booster. It's no way after two years of having this car that anything this serious with my brakes should┐ve happened at all.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jan 302019

200

The vehicle stalls while in motion, it has stalled 5 times within 10 minutes and I no longer can safely drive it. All occasions were on a city street while braking. The car shows on the dashboard that it is shifting gears even while remaining at one speed and then the system shuts down. It occasionally shifts hard and/or makes an odd noise in the engine.

- La Habra, CA, USA

Jan 012018

200

The car first started off with the screen turning on and off while driving..we didn't think much of it however a few month ago the car began to turn off in the midst of driving. Before turing off the car would begin to yank as if resisting. We proceeded with purchasing a new battery. That was 4 month ago. We are now here 12/2018 and the car has once again started to yank while driving, turn off when going 10-40 mph and now has the check engine, traction and voltage light flashing. Once it is turned off and turned back on after a few mins. It's as if nothing ever happened. All this happened while driving in city street and turning.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 062018

200

While driving the vehicle at around 30 mph the service airbag system and service parking brake system notifications came on along with the check engine light and traction control disabling. As that happened my touchscreen in the vehicle went in and out and the car became hesitant to accelerate. I pulled over and tried to set the parking brake and then release it afterwards the car really became hard to move. Transmission just reved and the car eventually started accelerating.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 062018

200

Service air bag system and service parking brake notifications appeared as well as the check engine light car would not shift, the screen went in and out while the vehicle loss power and wouldn┐T move. The transmission just reved this car has major issues all of this happed while driving.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 152018

200

Driving from school car stalled in the middle of interstate. Car read put car.in P..after doing so it would not start up...after a few min I had to hold the start button to start it with foot on brake...I pulled off again and when I stopped it killed again with traffic passing me doing 80 mph..I was so scared with my toddler in the vehicle. Drove home no problem..next day same thing stalled.in the middle of the highway! somebody help us.Chrysler is gonna get some one killed. Has been doing this everyday..I hear many complaints of this and Chrysler does nothing

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 222018

200

Vehicle stalls without notice in the middle of the road. Can┐T display hazard lights. Must return the car to park and wait a few minutes before restarting. Stalled in the middle of a turn on my wife when taking my toddler O preschool. This is a huge safety concern! this vehicle is going to get someone killed.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Oct 102016

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the neutral, brake park system, and air bag indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to several dealers, including peterson Toyota (910-375-4996, located at 4381 fayetteville rd, lumberton, nc 28358), but the technician was unable to diagnose the failures. The failures recurred and the vehicle was taken back to the same dealer. The technician diagnosed that an unknown wire was loose. The wire was welded, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures and referred the contact to hendrick Chrysler Jeep Fiat (910-676-7672, located at 543 N mcpherson church rd, fayetteville, nc 28303) where the technician reset the computer system and the warning indicators went off. The contact stated that the indicators illuminated again two days later. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and referred the contact back to hendrick Chrysler Jeep Fiat. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 45.

- Lumberton, NC, USA

Sep 272018

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the "push brake and press start button" indicator illuminated. The contact heard a clicking noise when the instruction was followed and the vehicle still would not start. The contact called jim browne Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram tampa bay at 813-452-5499 (located at 10909 N Florida ave, tampa, fl 33612) and was informed that there was no recall. The contact was referred to the manufacturer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there was no recall. The contact asked the manufacturer if the repair cost would be reimbursed if the failure were to be recalled in the future. The manufacturer stated that there was no guarantee for reimbursement. The vehicle was not prepared. The failure mileage was 54,734.

- Temple Terrace, FL, USA

Sep 102018

200

My car wont start and the brakes are hard

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 172018

200

Stalling and shutting off in the middle of driving while I turn corners. My car just stalls and stop then hesitates to cut back

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 252018

200

My vehicle won┐T start when I push the start button. I had the person towing my car try to jump start the batterie but he told me the batterie was fine and that the issue was something else. This car has left me stranded time after time and I fear it may leave me in a dangerous situation one day. Please help

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

May 102018

200

While in motion my car has stopped running on 5 different times, 3 out of the 5 times I was in crusie control driving on the hwy when I lost all control. The other 2 times was in town at a low speed. Car is on but wont go any where, its stuck in drive the alarms and several lights on the dash come on RPM will rum up to about 2000 but still wont do anything else. Transmission has been shifting hard and driving hard, quite a bit had it serviced 3times, transmission had to be replaced there was a hole in it that came from internal. Air bag wiring harnas had to be replaced as well, head light harnest had to be replaced due to wires were shorting out my battery, igintion had to be replaced as well due to the wiring and program.

- Wellton, AZ, USA

May 102018

200

Vehicle stall when turning. Oil pressure pos up as low even though oil gauge says full. Car struggles to get in gear. Car shuts off when making a turn

- Richmond, TX, USA

May 082016

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. While driving 45-50 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that the vehicle restarted after approximately five minutes. The vehicle was taken to landmark Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram (6850 mt zion blvd, morrow, ga 30260, (770) 968-4900) where it was diagnosed that the battery and alternator failed, and the oil was low. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted and provided case number: 34043687. The approximate failure mileage was 480.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Sep 172016

200

When I'm driving the car powers down then powers back up..the cars screen radio and speedometer board goes black and the car slows down..it has also done it while I was sitting at a light..this happened at least 20 times since I got the car but it does not read anything is wrong when it is hooked up..it has happened on the highway, while driving down the street, in my driveway and while I was picking the car up at the dealer after they couldn't get it to duplicate..it has happened when I've first started driving and after I've driven the car for awhile.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Jan 222018

200

When vehicle need small maintenance such as oil change or system update, vehicle electric (computer system) shuts down not allowing driver to even turn on hazards on. Vehicle has to towed to shop.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Sep 192016

200 6-cyl

2016 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle starting hard and rough, electrical issues and front passenger door shutting hard. The consumer stated the vehicle had multiple failures including the parking brake engaging on it's own, the accelerator pedal sticking, wiring systems, the air conditioner and transmission ruptured. The powertrain, control module, compressor, etc condenser was locked. The vehicle starts hard. There was a knocking noise on start up. The tire came off the vehicle while driving. While depressing the brake pedal the vehicle began to lurch forward. The lower ball joint failed. There was body a rim damage to the vehicle. The repair shop failed to repair the vehicle properly.

- Muskego, WI, USA