Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica:

Aug 042019

Pacifica

Van would not pick up speed in highway. Pulled off at next exit and while attempting to pull off to the side the engine stalled and shut off. The shut off was on a road. Had one failed start the. We were able to drive off.

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA

Nov 012017

Pacifica

TL the contact owns a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. While accelerating from a stop, the vehicle abruptly jerked forward without warning. The contact also stated that the check engine indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to parkway Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (21560 hall road, clinton township, Michigan 48038, (586)-800-3578) to be diagnosed, but no failure was found. The dealer reprogrammed the quick learn and the clear shift adapter. The contact was unsure if the parts that were reprogrammed were for the transmission or the engine; however, the repair did not correct the failure. The manufacturer was contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Eastpointe, MI, USA

Jul 312019

Pacifica

My 2017 Pacifica touring plus van shut off three times. After the first shut off I took it to dealer for this issue, but they could not able to recreate the "shut off", they said they fixed something for not to shut off, but recently on 7/29/19 and 7/31/19 it was again asked to move shift to P and shut off, even I tried to restart the engine, it didn't after 3 to 4 times try it was started again. I was middle of the road with speed limit 40mph, lucky none of the vehicle was not close. I see many cases like this with 2017 Chrysler Pacifica, so I request Chrysler Pacifica to fix this issue asap by recalling the affected vehicles. It is always life threatening dangerous to the customer. Other than this issue (shut off) the vehicle is good.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Jul 182019

Pacifica

I have taken this vehicle in for repairs multiple times and it is schedule for repairs again this week. There have been multiple electrical issues including problems with the sliding doors, anti lock brake system had to be replaced, the battery system is grounding out, issues with the radio screen, and now the auto on off system is not working. In addition, I had to take the vehicle in for the ball joints bolts coming loose three time and they just used loctite to make them say on. They never realigned the vehicle and now I have to replace tires that are unsafe. Chrysler should own this and I am still convinced the ball joints could be damaged from this issue and they should replace them. However, the biggest issue is the transmission. It will be going in for the fifth time this week for the same issue that the dealer keep claiming is how I drive it. When taking off from a dead stop the transmission hesitates, which is a serious safety issue. Also, when driving and you let off the accelerator to brake it will hammer real hard. This a serious safety issue and Chrysler and the dealer refuse to own it. I filed my second complaint with Chrysler last week. This all needs to be resolved so I have a safe vehicle for my family. I feel they are stalling so my warranty will run out and I have no recourse.

- Granger, IN, USA

Oct 022017

Pacifica

The car will jolt when accelerating from a stop. Usually between 1st and 2md fear, the car will temporarily stop accelerating, while the rpms hold, then jolt forward when the car finally shifts. It feels as if you have been rear ended. It most often happens when I am turning, but also happens going straight from a stop. Problem started around D 20,000 miles, has been to the dealership 4 times, with 2 software updates and no solution.

- Valley Center, CA, USA

Jun 272019

Pacifica

The check engine light comes on and the car stall, stops in the middle of the street while im driving with my children. It spent over a month at South shore Chrysler in NY before they figured out what was wrong, claimed it was fixed, and the same thing started happening all over again- check engine light and stalling on the road. It has been at South shore Chrysler in inwood for about a month now, and nothing has been done to fix this car. It is a danger to drive. I know NY has lemon laws and I want Chrysler to buy me out of the remaining 6 months of my lease and take responsibility for this dangerous and faulty car.

- Woodmere, NY, USA

Jul 232019

Pacifica

Very hard gear shifts at low speed - city driving. Jolt to passengers - feels like a low speed rear end bump. Also, vehicle transmission may not engage when attempting 3 point turn. Unable to move. Check engine light now on with code P0732 - gear 2 incorrect ratio.

- Depew, NY, USA

Jul 012019

Pacifica

When the van reaches speeds between 35 - 45 miles per hour, the transmission jerks. This happens mostly on the highway or streets where the speed limit is greater than 35 mph.

- Hilliard, OH, USA

Jun 152019

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving various speeds and shifting gears manually, an abnormal noise was heard coming from the vehicle. In addition, the gear shifter was not shifting appropriately. The vehicle was taken to brown's Jeep Chrysler Dodge Ram (483 NY-112, patchogue, NY 11772, (631) 289-8500), but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 24,000.

- Islip, NY, USA

Jul 082019

Pacifica

The contact owns a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle stalled and turned off on its own. The contact was able to restart the vehicle and drove to a nearby parking lot, but the vehicle stalled again. The contact purchased a new battery and was able to drive the vehicle at a slow speed to her residence. The contact stated that the warning message on the instrument panel indicated that the emergency brake was off. The vehicle was taken to wallace Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram (located at 2755 SE federal hwy, stuart, fl 34994, (772) 220-3600), but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the transmission was replaced the previous year. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 19,000.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Jul 112019

Pacifica

While driving my 2017 Chrysler Pacifica on 7/11/2017 the minivan completely shut off in the middle of the intersection, I have to put it in park and start the vehicle again, hard shifting is been a common issue on a daily basis.

- Hazleton, PA, USA

Jul 092019

Pacifica

Have taken vehicle into dealer 3 times for hard shifting, check engine light, and when slowing down at time a hard jerk almost like someone running in the back of the vehicle. They claimed once it was that the oil needed changing and this last time that it had the wrong oil and oil filter ( which the dealer had done). They can never had the jerking issue or the hard shifting issue repeated. Also recently it hesitates like no power when hitting the gas. Over having it in the shop for 2 days each time and it is still under warranty with under 30,000 miles..

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Jun 192019

Pacifica

We bought the car new and there has been an on going random problem car that feels like a hard jolt, like being hit from behind, a loud clunk noise and hesitation when it is shifting gears. It started shortly after 10,000 miles and still continues at 50,000 miles. It happens the majority of the time at 15mph but has happened at 35 mph also. We have had to be checked by the dealership several times and they can not duplicate the problem on demand. They have updated software and replaced a module but it still occurs. This is a safety issue as we have no idea when this will happen and could easily cause an accident. The last time it happened five times within a two hour time period. We drove straight to the dealer and they kept the car eight days and were never able to duplicate the problem so we were told there is nothing wrong with the car. It is just not true. Chrysler cares said since there is nothing to fix they cannot help us. We have no choice but to get rid of the car for the safety of our family.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jul 012019

Pacifica

First, the two batteries in the vehicles are failing prematurely. Ours just failed about a week after the start/stop system light activated on dash. Our van was parked for 7 days at an airport and upon returning from vacation the batteries were dead and unable to be recharged. Ironically, my sister-in law in California whom we were visiting, had the exact same problem with theirs while we were there. Again, a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. My research shows this is a reoccurring issue all across the country according to google research and carcomplaints.com. Some people are having their van die or stall while in motion. Second, there is a problem with the paint bubbling up around the hood edges. Again, my research on google and carcomplaints.com reveals many are suffering this bubbling paint issue. Last, the transmission has an extremely hard shift intermittently between 10 to 15 mph. So hard in fact, it feels as if you have been rear ended. Again, research on google and carcomplaints, com and Pacifica forums, indicate this is not an isolated issue. Many are experiencing this issue.

- Scottsburg, IN, USA

Mar 082019

Pacifica

For a year now our transmission slips when going into first gear. The van will come to a complete stop and then continue moving which results in a hard jerk. It was so bad on a trip that the check engine light came on and we could not get the van out of first gear. We were even trying to drive over the Ohio river at the time! we took the van to the dealership. The dealership reset the van but the issues still occurred. We were informed by the dealer that chyrsler will not fix the issues until our check engine light comes on again. We continue to have the jerking issues and the transmission continues to slip. Now the van wants to excel at times. We are completely frustrated with our van!! I am the primary driver and have an extremely bad back! the jerking is causing issues with my back. We would never recommend a Chrysler Pacifica. I can't believe Chrysler willing to put us in danger!!

- Fairborn, OH, USA

Jul 012017

Pacifica

Hard shifting in low gear (and now sometimes at high speed). The problem began before 25,000 miles. Have taken it to the dealer multiple times for a fix. I'm always told the problem can't be reproduced. I'm now just waiting for the transmission to fail. This is unacceptable.

- Albany, GA, USA

Sep 012017

Pacifica

Aug 2017 purchased at 14K miles, then rattle noise on start up, then rattle noise upon pressing the gas pedal while accelerating or de accelerating, now downshifting hard, shifting hard to the point it gets stuck for a second, people have almost rear ended me, I have almost rear ended people pressing gas to get it to go and it sticking then suddenly speeding

- Millsboro, DE, USA

Jan 012019

Pacifica

Hard shift while driving at around 15 mph. It feels like hitting by another car from back. It occurs every time I speed up slowly around 15 mph. Took it to dealer and dealer told me it was because it is 9 speed transmission and the shift range is narrow, and they can do nothing about it. Very disappointing. And not sure if it will damage transmission.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Feb 012019

Pacifica

The contact own a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. While driving 14-18 mph, when either accelerating or decelerating, the vehicle experienced a hard shift. There were no warning indicators or signals illuminated in the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to southfield Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram (28100 telegraph rd, southfield, mi 48034, 248-331-9937) where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed an update and there were no failures with the brakes or shifter. The approximate failure mileage was 27,000.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jun 172019

Pacifica

I was pulling out into traffic and tried to accelerate and the vehicle wouldnt until I heard and felt an enormous bang from the transmission finally shifting. Had I not had a center lane I wouldve been hit by another vehicle. Dealership stated they can not replicate it so nothing is wrong. Im afraid to drive it especially with my family.

- Debary, FL, USA