Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country:

Apr 092015

Town & Country

Instrument panel lights and gauges flicker and moves simultaneous without any warning, transmission gave out at 97,528 miles. From what we were told it is a defect that those cars have. Also I'd point out I know a few people with same problem and they will document their complaints as well.car turns on and only moves in reverse, once you try to place it in drive it shuts off. Defective transmission. This happened to us while we were coming out of the highway and going to a red light stop. While we came to a complete stop the car shook real hard as if we hit something and shut off. We turned on car without a problem but as soon as we placed it in drive the same thing happened a big hit in engine and it shut off. Also aibag lights are on which ive heard means that they are faulty

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

May 222019

Town & Country

The car dies when coming to stop. Intermittent car can not restart, there is no electric power to restart car, totally no electric can not even turn on hazard lights. Was struck in middle lane with cars coming on 55 mph road. Very dangerous. Could of been killed.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jan 072019

Town & Country

Clockspring goes bad from 2 Town & Country try I owned & the touring shifter gets stuck & can't move out of park. The heat for the rear also is bad, the line leaks.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Apr 292019

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving approximately 25 mph, the ignition key moved into the accessory mode and the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. Portage Chrysler (located at 3013 county hwy cx, portage, wi 53901, (608) 742-7141) was contacted by phone and notified of the failure. Previously, the vehicle had been repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system, air bags); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 153,000.

- Reedsburg, WI, USA

Mar 072019

Town & Country

Vehicle would not start. Acted like it was not getting fuel. Battery would drain overnight. Sliding doors would not operate correctly. Took to an independent shop and was told the tipm had a couple bad relays. Ordered a external relay kit from Chrysler per a service bulletin. Repair solved the fuel pump problem.

- South Haven, MI, USA

Mar 132019

Town & Country

When driving my Town and country, the instrument cluster and all the interior and exterior lights start flashing on and off. The windhshield wipers come on, the vehicle turns completely off and will not start again for a few minutes. Since the vehicle turns off, the power steering goes out along with the power brakes. This has happened numerous times. We purchased this vehicle thinking it would be safe and reliable for our kids. Boy were we wrong! these vehicles should be off the streets! unfortunately it's my only vehicle and it's financed, so now I am stuck driving my kids in this death trap. Chrysler needs to do something about this! these vehicles are made for families, how dare you put so many lives in danger to make a buck! recall these now!

- Florence, AZ, USA

Jan 222019

Town & Country 6-cyl

My vehicle for the last couple of years has had issues with the engine just stopping in the middle of driving down the street. All the electrical stuff stays on but the engine just stops running. There is also a smoke smell that was coming from the back sliding doors a short time ago and then the doors stopped shutting correctly and they wouldn¿T lock. Over night the battery would die from the doors not shutting correctly. Now we just have the doors shut off so that we don¿T have anymore issues with it dying all the time and just hope for the best when driving it that it doesn¿T die and cause an accident. When I looked up recalls with this vehicle it said this should be covered but when I put in my VIN it said there was no issues. Not sure where to go from here. Vehicle was in motion driving down a main street multiple times.

- Little Chute, WI, USA

Jul 022018

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. The contact stated that the low beam headlights and turn signals stopped working and the horn continuously sounded. The contact had to remove the fuse in order to stop the horn failure. The manufacturer acknowledged the failure with the lights; however, they could not assist with the repair cost since there was no recall. The dealer (courtesy motor sales Inc, 3100 pleasant valley blvd, altoona, pa 16602, (814) 942-9000) offered to schedule an appointment with an upfront fee for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 162,000.

- Windeer, PA, USA

Dec 242018

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving, the check engine warning indicator remained illuminated. In addition, the instrument panel started to flicker. The vehicle stalled and the driver was able to coast into a parking lot and power off the engine. The vehicle failed to restart and was towed to dewey Dodge Chrysler Jeep (located at 3175 SE Delaware ave, ankeny, ia 50021, (515) 289-8700) where it was diagnosed that the wiring harness was faulty under the instrument panel and hood. The contact was stated that the clockspring in the steering column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures and informed the contact that the VIN was not included in a recall. The contact was referred to NHTSA. The approximate failure mileage was 153,000.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Jan 282019

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. When the vehicle was parked, the vehicle lost power and the ignition warning indicator illuminated. The contact called dayton andrews Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram at 727-799-4539 (located at 2388 gulf to bay blvd, clearwater, fl 33765) and was informed that there was no recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and referred the contact to NHTSA who stated that there was no recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 131,180.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Jan 012019

Town & Country

Sometime overnight on Jan 1/2nd 2019 my vehicle started on fire. The vehicle was not in use, was parked in our driveway, and had not been in use since the morning before. The fire must have went out on its own. But caused damage to both the inside and outside of the vehicle. The inside of the van smells heavily of electrical smoke.

- Markesan, WI, USA

Dec 202018

Town & Country

My car stops while driving down the road without warning, easily restarts after shifting into neutral. However, RPM goes to zero, lose power steering. Did not have this issue prior to key fob recall. It has done this several times, usually when weather is colder like 30 degree. Have also notice blind spot aid system will periodically not function. Heated seat light occasionally do not function. The blind spot and heated seats are minor compared to car stopping dead. It did recently while going around a curve and was very scary. I've taken it to two different dealers and they state there are no engine codes showing. I told my husband if I die in a vehicle crash, especially if rear ended or while turning to sue Chrysler. Do not have this problem in warm weather. I'm afraid to have anyone in my vehicle, especially my five grandkids. I stay off interstates because of this, and have spent more time looking behind me for possibly getting rear ended. There is no warning when this might happen. One dealership told me to bring it in when it happens, which I have no idea when it will happen. Its like playing russian roulette while getting behind the wheel. This can happen anytime, driving 55, 35, 25 mph, while going straight, or twice while turning. I think it has to do with the electrical system, or perhaps the ignition system and key fob recall. My car has 84330 miles. It's happened three times in the last two months. Frequency seems to be getting greater.

- Hickory Corners, MI, USA

Nov 242018

Town & Country

All of a sudden the whole vehicle completely shuts down. No lights, power steering goes out, brakes lock up and engine shuts down. This was in the middle of the road as I was driving.

- Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA

Nov 162018

Town & Country

My vehicle will stop after I have finished driving it. This has happened quite frequently. I will have to jump start my battery and then the engine will start. It usually happens when the car has been sitting overnight or for longer periods of time (meaning over 6 hours). I have already replaced the battery and took the car to a mechanic. The mechanic said it a big problem with Chrysler town and county. The fuel pump relay is not working right and causing my battery to drain or not start. He said there are recalls for very similar cars and models, but checked my VIN and it was not on my vehicle. I need to the company to look into this as this seems like a problem that could have been prevented. This could be dangerous if the car stops on its own while driving.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 192017

Town & Country

SE enciende el panel marcando ABS. TambiÉN SE abre las puertas coredisa Y el baÚL estando el caro parado. Hay veces que SE queda pegado Y tengo que esperar que el sistema quiera para poder cerrar las puertas Y / el baÚL. me a pasado varias veces.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Nov 012017

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. While driving various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact stated that the failure recurred on several occasions and the vehicle was towed. The contact also stated that the traction control indicator illuminated and the steering wheel became stiff and inoperable while driving 40 mph. Luther brookdale Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram (8188 brookland blvd, brooklyn park, Minnesota 55445, (612) 326-3931) was made aware of the failures and repaired the vehicle per NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 69,000.

- Brookland Park, MN, USA

Jun 122017

Town & Country

We where driving in Florida on vacation on June 12, 2017 when our 2009 Chrysler Town and country started to have electrical problems. The wipers wouldn't shut off until the wiper motor burned up, the drivers seat wouldn't stop moving forward and back, the windows wouldn't go down, ac went out, the entire dash board light up and all the lights stayed on, the speedometer was dead, the gas gauge was dead, the turn signals didn't work, the dvd players didn't work. We took it to a dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. It then did it again and it went back to the same dealership and again they couldn't find anything. On the way home on I-95 it started again. When we got home we took it to a garage that deals with electrical problems and he found out it was a dvd player in the front that was making it go nuts. He disconnected it and its ok but now nothing works, like the 3 dvd players, the heated mirrors, the remote start. This issue needs to be fixed before some one gets killed on the highway.

- Mount Holly Springs, PA, USA

Dec 222016

Town & Country

When driving my Chrysler Town and country it will shut off for no reason. When this happens I lose all steering and power to the engine. It does this on turns, hills, and even highways.

- Mount Holly Springs, PA, USA

May 112018

Town & Country

Vehicle turns off while driving. All lights are on in dashboard. Cannot steer vehicle. Vehicle is on. Vehicle become responsive after turning back on. This has happened in a parking lot. The second time happened entering a main roar. Both times happened while driving under 20mph.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jan 272018

Town & Country

The contact owns a 2009 Chrysler Town and country. On two separate occasions, while driving 35 mph and 65 mph respectively, the vehicle stalled without warning. After several attempts, the contact was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to spitzer Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram cleveland (13001 brookpark rd, brook park, oh 44142, (440) 220-5805) and repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system, air bags); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 126,000.

- Parma, OH, USA