Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

Nov 142017

Journey 6-cyl

Have lost most controls from drivers door switch, only thing that works is rear windows. All other 3 doors work fine independently. Vehicle had the K07 recall done in Feb 2011. Since then, there was intermittent auto/up-down on both front doors. Now I have lost function as mentioned before. The vehicle has been at local Dodge/Chrysler dealership since 14 November for diagnosis and repair. They cant figure our problem. Chrysler corporation was contacted by me for assistance on 19 Nov. As of this message, still no final diagnosis and repair. All they do is keep changing parts as directed by Chrysler. We are extremely frustrated with this situation and my gut feelings tell me there is a failure with the K07 recall and/or key fob recall number R03. All these components are related electronically. Sincerely think its time for the NHTSA to relook these 2 recalls with Chrysler corporation.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Oct 272017

Journey

Drivers side door window switch for front windows, door locks and mirror controls does not work, only back windows roll up and down, googled this issue and seems that this is a common problem with the Journeys

- Waterdird, MI, USA

Oct 262017

Journey

Car cuts off while in motion. This is an issue that many owners have had. Dealerships say it was "released too early and it has a lot of bugs in the system" I have had my kids in the car every time this has happened!!! was almost in a wreck this time at my daughter's school. Also, car will not start sometimes unless I put it in gear and "trick" it. I have replaced the starter numerous times thinking that was it....has cut off when on the highway, residential street, parking lots, in motion and stationary...happens often.

- Stokesdale, NC, USA

May 062017

Journey

Takata recall. When driving down the when going to slow down the Dodge Journey will stall out. Everything will just shut off and sometimes will have a hard time starting back up.

- Adrian, MI, USA

Jul 102017

Journey

Front passenger "no seat belt" light does not come on when seat occupied. Light will come on when seat is unoccupied. Passenger side front door and now rear door no longer operates electrically. Rear passenger will will not open manually interior or exterior.

- Terrytown, LA, USA

Jul 032017

Journey

Every four rotations of the ignition results in my vehicle being unable to start. I get 3 clicks with no start. The vehicle is stationary at the time of affect. I have been rendered stranded at doctor's offices due to this issue. Dodge refuses to look at it or acknowledge there are issues. Every time I have taken this vehicle to the dealership, they want $125 just to diagnose the issue.

- Roswell, NM, USA

Oct 082017

Journey

Battery has died multiple times within months of replacing.

- Elyria, OH, USA

Jul 202017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. During an oil change at glenbrook Hyundai (4801 coldwater, rd, ft. Wayne, in, 260-484-9531) the technician noticed that the air bag indicator was illuminated. The contact was informed that there were two recalls: NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V047000 (air bags) and 14V37300 (electrical system, air bags). The contact was referred back to the dealer where the recalls were repaired; however, the air bag indicator remained illuminated after the repairs. The technician recommended diagnostic testing to determine the cause of the air bag issue. The contact did not want to be responsible for the diagnostic test fee; therefore, the test was not performed and the failure was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 106,000.

- Ft. Wayne, IN, USA

Jan 012009

Journey

Dodge has never solved the no start problem the Dodge Journey has had. We and all the other owners are upset that we are spending our money on trying to fix it and Dodge isn't. Dodge said that they will only do something if a recall is issued by you please help us. Not everyone can afford a new car with today's prices. If you look up the internet at all the complaints from owners with same issues thank you

- Atlanta, IL, USA

Aug 252017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. On several occasions, the contact was unable to start the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the independent dealer from where it was purchased. The contact was informed that a failure occurred between the key fob and the ignition system. The vehicle was previously repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 14V373000 (electrical system, air bags); however, the failure recurred. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer were contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 172,441.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Aug 252017

Journey

The car power will fluctuate with the RPM going up and down when trying to accelerate. New trhottle body with tps sensor, intake air sensor and gas pedal sensors were replaced and still having the same issue. The engine problem light is on also the electric throttle control system light is on. The vehicle has only 83000 miles. Active codes are P0642, P2138, P0335 & P0113. The car is dangerous to drive due to speed fluctuation.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Aug 032017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that the vehicle had several defects and failed to start on several occasions. As a result, the contact had to leave the vehicle unattended for a day and then go back and restart the vehicle. While the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle failed to accelerate over 35 mph. On several occasions, the air bag, check engine, traction control, esp, and security indicators illuminated off and on. Also, on several occasions, the gear shifter failed to shift into neutral. The vehicle was taken to monken Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Nissan (located at 1739 w mccord St, centrailia, il 62801 (618) 545-5100) where it was diagnosed that the failure could not be replicated. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to king city Chrysler center (located at broadway St, mt vernon, il 62864 (618) 242-6600) where it was diagnosed that the PCM needed to be replaced. The contact stated that another mechanic suggested to have the PCM rebuilt to save money. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 158,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Mt Vernon, IL, USA

Jul 182017

Journey

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Journey. While driving, the PCM indicator illuminated without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for an oil change and it was diagnosed that the PCM chip needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. A dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Woodruff, SC, USA

Jul 262017

Journey

Approximately one month after purchase, the vehicle would not crank one morning. I had to call someone to jump the vehicle off. Vehicle cranked and ran without incident for approximately two days. Third morning, it had to be jumped again. Had the battery and alternator checked. Mechanic said the battery was not a heavy enough battery. So, I bought a new battery. Approximately 3 weeks later, same scenario. Have contacted the dealership that sold me the car, Dodge, and even checked online. Dealer and Dodge claim that no complaints of this nature have been made. However, my online search turned up several owners that have/are experiencing the same problem. There is a problem in the electrical system somewhere or the battery wouldn't be draining overnight, even after the vehicle is used long enough for the battery to stay charged by the vehicle's charging system. Sometimes the battery drains after sitting only a couple of hours.

- Eupora, MS, USA

Jun 232017

Journey

My 2009 Dodge Journey will not shut off when you take the key out. The windows will not go up and down. I brought into a Dodge dealership and had the recall on the ignition switch and the wiring harness in the driver door replaced. My car still will not shut off and windows still don't work but now won't go into gear after dealer repaired. I took it to a second dealer and now after 3 week they are saying I need a tipm for $1700. But they don't know if that will fix the problem" plus now the car will not start. My car is in worse shape then when I brought it into the dealership to repair" I called the corporate office and they are not willing to do anything.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Jul 182017

Journey

I have the starting issue like others. The engine does not start. Sometimes it starts by itself after a while, sometimes I have to put the gear in N/D and back to P and try. In addition, sometimes the windows go up and down by themselves! I have seen many people have the same issue with this model. Please investigate it and make it as a recall!

- Manhattan, KS, USA

Apr 142015

Journey

I am not able to open any doors except the driver door. The trunk will not open and Dodge did not build a manual key entry for this model. Also I have a starting problem the car stalls and won't start unless I put it in neutral or jiggle the gear up into drive and back into park. The car turns very slowly when making left hand turns and the engine revs up sometimes when it's trying to pick speed back up after a turn. The dealer told us it was the battery and we had them install a new one but the issue is still there. I've read several complaints about the same issue. Customers getting their batter, starters all the recalls updated because they were told those were the issues but was not as their issue still existed as do mine. I don't want to spend a fortune at the dealer until they find what the problem is. The manufacturer should know what the problem is from all the complaints being the same. I emailed them for suggestions of what they think it may be and they just said take it to the dealership.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jul 172017

Journey

Dodge Journey 2009 - has trouble starting. Originally started occasionally, now more frequent. Turns over sometimes using spare key or turning over original key. Now complete stall. Clicking noise but not starting.

- Montclair, NJ, USA

Jul 012017

Journey

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey that periodically will not start. Alternator, starter, and battery all fine. I have been reading that it may be a problem with the neutral safety switch and I am apparently not the only person this is happening too. This left me stranded on 7/1/17 and 7/3/17. Please address this issue!

- Ladue, MO, USA

Jun 222017

Journey

My Dodge Journey has run great for a few years now it is having a hard time starting. I have already replaced the battery and several fuses with no luck. It also seems to loose power and have a loud tapping noise in the engine compartment when it is cold. I have taken in the car to my mechanic to get the tapping checked we change oil (even when it does not need it) and the noise will go a way. So in a summary, I ahve a no starting, phantom tapping noise Dodge joirney.

- Sheffield, IL, USA