Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500:

Jun 222018

Ram 1500

The vehicle was, in motion, on city streets or and highways, accelerating, turning, braking, etc., the fault or problem that created the unsafe condition to be fuel/propulsion system-includes systems that manage energy to power the vehicle such as fuel tanks, pumps, injectors, filters, pipes/lines and hoses for gasoline and diesel vehicles, and for electric, hybrid, hydrogen, lpn/natural gas or other alternative power vehicles including high voltage batteries and energy storage devices, controls, safety disconnects, pressure relief valves, and other safety related devices that may present a safety hazard the component parts or system that I believe may be the cause of the safety risk. After my best assessment of the incident and cause in my description. The vehicle was taken to two known mechanics for an estimate, and an auto service for a computerised diagnosis. I have other information - repair invoices, diagnosis reports, police accident reports, insurance claim forms, etc. - I can not scan them electronically and upload them along with my complaint at this time. The wheels were not properly assessed or replaced according to standards later causing our accident and injuries. This complaint is also about the recalls. The recalls are air bags: Passenger side frontal issued March 27, 2017 recall id 275880, air bags: Frontal: Driver side inflator module issued June 8, 2015 recall id 275947, and electrical system: Ignition: Switch issued March 27, 2015 recall id 242136.

- Rockdale, TX, USA

Oct 122018

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact stated that the vehicle was repaired by an unknown dealer for the front driver and front passenger side air bag inflators. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator was currently flashing. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. A dealer was not contacted again. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Prospect, PA, USA

Jul 292018

Ram 1500

I was involved in a accident 0N 07/29/2018 I hit a car that had pulled out of a side street. I was traveling at about 32mph at the time of impact there was no time to brake even when I press the pedal very hard at the time. There was no airbag deployment. And this was a hard front end hit. But the reason I'm sending this to you is because I had just had my truck in for the airbag recall 2 weeks earlier and was thinking all was fine. But this is not the case. What should I do about this

- Moss Point, MS, USA

Jan 152018

Ram 1500

I have tried on many times too arrigo Dodge in West palm beach, Florida too complete the safety recall.they have refused too address the issues with this truck. I have complained to the Dodge motor division more times than a few, they turn a blind-eye to the dealership. This truck was a lemon from the show-room floor, I have replaced the computer, emissions system, fuel injection system, wiring harness, and many more repairs.the brake system is very dangerous, someone is going too get a serious injury from this issue. The truck also suffers from sudden acceleration, at any given time. I have called the Chrysler rep countless times, and they have a care less attitude, I voiced my opinion on the chat line, and...they were quite amused at the possibility of a crash or injury. I want a complete investigation of the dealership, the factory, and bring in the department of justice on these criminal activities ! please do something soon, this is a matter of life and death !

- Canal Point, FL, USA

May 082017

Ram 1500

I have received a recall notice on the airbags. This is a free repair. When I brought it in I was told that there is a good possibility that while doing the repair they would break my dash. I said that was ok as long as they replace the damaged dash. Massey-yardley said they would not do that. Truck has still not been fixed.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Oct 062014

Ram 1500

No longer have this truck and can't figure out this web sight so I'm trying this sight. Traded in at giant recreation world.com in meldbourn, fl.32940 over 5 years ag or more.

- Cocoa, FL, USA

May 162015

Ram 1500

My truck has been having safety issues over time. Most recently having over-heating issues and engine problems since February 2018. The electrical issues happened since last year, dashboard no longer lights up. My one of my front head lights no longer lights up. Ive changed it several times and it still goes out. My driver seat beat no longer buckles.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 112018

Ram 1500

The contact owned a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 65 mph, the rear tire exploded and the contact lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle struck a guardrail. The air bags did not deploy. The contact and passenger were injured. Medical attention was required. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the junkyard and deemed totaled. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified of the failure. The contact received a post card from tk holdings and believed the vehicle may have been impacted by the takata air bag recall. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 47,000.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Dec 272017

Ram 1500

"takata recall" vehicle needs reappair and they are filing bankruptcy. I ordered a part already for it but needs to be ECU not sure if its related so I am ordering that part but I am unable to get this done before today, due to needing to get the vehicle to dealer and we live 30 minutes from town in the forest, I can't do a tow to get fixed so I am concerned that because of the bankruptcy, I am going to be stuck with a bill to keep my family safe. I tried to have vehicle fixed before the 12/27 deadline so that tatka can still be responsible for their errors and my family can be safe and others that are in this vehicle.

- Redding, CA, USA

Nov 102017

Ram 1500

Takata recall, I have called several dealers about 10 time to replace air bag. I get the same answer "waiting on new air bags " so still not replaced, it has been over 6 months. Ant ideas ?

- Auburn, WA, USA

Oct 282017

Ram 1500

Takata recall, I was told that the recall was invalid and if I had not received a notice directly from the car manufacturer then the dealership would not replace my parts. Another location asked for the VIN number, I had to call back but they continuously put me on hold but then never picked up. I haven't had an incident, but to my knowledge this information and repair is supposed to be preventative. I'd rather not have to sue for money after I've been injured if it's not necessary. I just want my vehicle repaired.

- Park Forest, IL, USA

Sep 082017

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The fremont Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer (39639 balentine dr, newark, ca 94560; 510-342-5283) informed the contact that the earliest time they could repair the vehicle would be December of 2017. The dealer stated that the manufacturer was providing two recall repair parts a week at a time. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and referred the contact back to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 022017

Ram 1500 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle shook and the rear differential blew out and caused the vehicle to "jump". there were no warning indicators illuminated. The dealer was contacted (burdick Chrysler, Dodge Jeep, 5885 cir, drive E. #335, cicero, NY, 315- 699-3846) and stated that the vehicle was not included in a recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and also stated that there was no recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 36,000. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 11/01/17

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Jul 132017

Ram 1500

Takata recall - good morning.....we are having issues with having our vehicle repaired...we are on a waiting list for parts with rick hendrick Jeep Dodge in North charleston SC....it took us until June 13 for the dealer to order the parts. We still are waiting for the repair. According to the deal when the drivers air bag was replaced we are one of the vehicles with the defective vehicle.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Jun 212017

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owned a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle shifted into four wheel drive without warning. The transfer case detached from the transmission, destroyed the park brake line, struck the fuel line, and sparked a fire. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed and was towed to a tow yard. The fire department extinguished the fire and a report was filed. A police report was also filed. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and denied responsibility based on the report of the investigators. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 16V352000 (air bags). The failure mileage was approximately 86,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Elko, NV, USA

Apr 152017

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact spoke with the dealer (mall of Georgia Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram 4345 buford dr, buford, ga 30518) who stated that parts were not available and it took a long time to get parts. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sugar Hill, GA, USA

May 262016

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The local dealer (West hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge located at 900 w hills blvd, bremerton, wa 98312; (360) 377-4418) confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Olalla, WA, USA

May 292015

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of a manufacturer recall concerning the front driver and passenger air bags. The vehicle was unable to be traded in for months because the remedy and parts had not been supplied yet according to the recall notice. The manufacturer provided no specific date for when the remedy and parts would become available. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact was unable to determine if she could trade in the vehicle. The VIN and NHTSA campaign number were unknown. The contact was not experiencing a failure.

- Montrose, PA, USA

May 302016

Ram 1500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times, but the part for the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Springfield, MO, USA

May 262016

Ram 1500

The contact owns a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Mahomet, IL, USA