Oct 172015

Escape

Power steering has gone out have replace front inner bearing, transmission lines, keep up on all my maintained records since I bought the vehicle in Sept 2014' and have all other maintain economic records.

- Welch, WV, USA

Jul 142014

Escape

I have had my 2009 Ford Escape in the Ford dealer 5 times for NHTSA # 10055321. This week will be 3 times in the last 3 weeks. I don't know how this is not a recall. Ford themselves said it happens on like every Escape.

- Carleton, MI, USA

Jul 012015

Escape

Vehicle stalled and went into "limp-home" mode after accelerating from a stopped condition.("limp-home" mode is a mode programmed by Ford engineers to only allow the vehicle to move forward under limited power, generally only 1-2 mph.) I later found out that this was due to a faulty electronic throttle body. The vehicle then stalled an additional two times about two weeks apart from the first incident. I was able to use my own obd II code scanner to detect the error code P2111. I found out that this component was determined to be faulty and Ford Motor Corporation issued an extended warranty coverage for this component. However, Ford will only replace this part if they are able to document the error code themselves on their code scanner. The problem lies in the design of this vehicle in that it won't store this particular code. When the vehicle stalls, the only course of action is to turn off the ignition and turn it back on in hopes of resetting the trhottle body. This works but it cancels the error code. The driver is forced to employ this technique to continue their travel or faced with the option of waiting for Ford to come and scan for the code themselves. If this happens after normal work hours, this of course is not an option. The fact that this error code erases itself in an attempt to get the vehicle moving again is a catch 22 situation and one that Ford should correct. I was forced to purchase my own replacement throttle body since Ford would not replace it.

- Centertown, MO, USA

Jun 172015

Escape 4WD 6-cyl

Lost power while driving in the middle lane on rt. 17 South near ramsey NJ. Engine was still on but RPM`S was very erratic. Wrench warning light came on the check engine light came on. Issues with electronic throttle noted on web sites for Ford Escape models. Updated 10/01/15

- Nutley, NJ, USA

Dec 102014

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. The contact stated that the fuel cap warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel cap malfunctioned and the transmission developed a leak. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Eastern, MD, USA

Apr 302015

Escape

Driving to work this morning at 70 mph in the far left lane, car again suddenly loses power, slows way down, no response when pushing on gas pedal and the wrench light was on again. Turned on hazards and had to cross 4 lanes of heavy morning commuting traffic to get off the freeway. As I stopped the car, again it acted like it was going to stall out. Put the car in park and turned off the motor. Turned the car back on, which didn't fire up as usual, but it did restart. Put the car in drive and drove to work without incident. I am scared to drive this car anymore! people on the freeway were not willing to slow down to let me over, the kept flying around me. I called two dealerships and explained what was happening and both said they would have to charge me to diagnose the problem regardless of the reported throttle body issues. They told me if the problem didn't happen when they test drove my car or if the code didn't come up that there was nothing they could do for me. I would just have to hope it wouldn't happen again!?

- Marysville, WA, USA

Jan 112015

Escape 4-cyl

Driving about 50mph when the car just stop accelerating. Engine still running but no ability to move. A red wrench starts flashing when this happens.

- Williston, FL, USA

Sep 012014

Escape 6-cyl

My vehicle stalled and came to a complete stop from normal driving speeds. It continued to drive at about 5mph and then the little green wrench light came on the instrument panel. When turned off and re-started, the car ran fine for the trip home. This problem continues to occur; sometimes it won't happen for a week or so, sometimes it happens multiple times a day. I believe it to be an issue with the throttle body but the Ford dealership will not replace it under consumer satisfaction program 13N03 because the computer reads no error code. They, instead, suggest it might be an issue with the transmission... but these are not typical 'symptoms' for a transmission issue and several other owners have reported this exact problem when a faulty throttle body is present. I have contacted Ford customer service and hope to have this issue resolved asap as it will happen regardless of whether I am going 10, 40, or 70mph and is incredibly dangerous!

- Moore, SC, USA

Aug 142014

Escape 4-cyl

Escape went into limp mode 4 times within the past few months- currently has a field service action number for this problem 13N03, but Ford has set such limits.... dealer must be able to duplicate the incident, but with this power loss - it happens when it happens. Ford does not want to cover repair until that time. So, I have an Escape the stalls... when and were it wants, currently car at the dealer.... never received letter from Ford....

- Kent, OH, USA

Jan 092015

Escape

On the freeway pressed gas-car did not respond, stalling. Put it in neutral, slowed, back to drive, rough shaking, hard to control. Very scary! got off at the closest exit -car was not responding. 3 passengers. I bought this car 6 days prior-so very scary.

- Encinitas, CA, USA

Jan 072015

Escape 4-cyl

Speed decelerated on interstate. Could not increase speed. Engine, sound system, lights and steering maintained operable. Had to coast to outside lane and exit freeway. Wrench lite came on and manual indicated throttle control. Have seen numerous complaints about this issue. Had been experiencing slow speed acceleration, bit never this. It was a true state of panic in 5pm rush hour traffic.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 042015

Escape 4-cyl

Vehicles feels like its going to stall then accelerates. It has been recalibrated before but, two months later we are having the same problem. There is also a leak on the left side of the vehicle looks to be transmission oil. Also, we can no longer open the tail gate.

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 132014

Escape 4-cyl

Making a turn, my car jerked and could not accelerate. We had to cruise to our destination which was close thank god. I called Ford and they told me to bring it in. I told them I was unsure if it was drivable. He then told me he couldn't tell me what it was til I brought it in. Then told me I could take it in today but won't get checked til Monday. He got my name and number. We went to various auto places for opinions and solutions. We thought we figured it out but a few hours later it did it again. My husband went back to pep boys but was told they could not run diagnostics because the light was not on. I was looking online and noticed a compliant was made about this issue and went to the Ford website and saw it under the recall under my VIN. My husband called the dealership and talked to a manger asking why I was never notified. He explained its not really a recall but had an extended warranty if it meets the criteria. We explained that the first man never mentioned anything nor did he bother to look up my information to see if I had the recall. The manager apologized and said for me to take it in Monday and he would handle my situation. I'm appalled that I was not notified. This is very dangerous, especially because I have my 2 year old daughter in the car with me most of the time. God forbid my car would have stalled on the highway and I would have caused an accident because my car lost power all of a sudden. I never got any notification from Ford about the recall nor the warranty. I think this is very inconsiderate as people's lives are at stake. I pray that no accidents, injuries or deaths occurred because of Ford's negligence. My vehicle fits the warranty criteria so I hope I won't be charged for repairs. I hope the manager keeps his word. The only money I have is for christmas. If I have to pay for repairs, I can't buy gifts for my family or my daughter.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Nov 202014

Escape 4-cyl

My throttle/powertrain light went on and I found that a recall had been placed and I was never contacted by Ford with a recall letter.

- Berlin, WI, USA

Oct 272014

Escape 4-cyl

Was at a stop, started to go and the wrench light went on and the gas peddle did not work.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 182014

Escape 4-cyl

I was driving down the road at 45mph and went to accelerate and when I pressed the gas- the engine felt like it was off- I still had electrical power. I was not able to give the car any gas at all. I coasted until I could pull off the road and when I stopped- the car was idling very rough. The "throttle control/ powertrain" light had come on. I turned off the car and sat for about 5 minutes. When I turned it back on, it idled rough for about 3-4 seconds and the light was still on. Then it smoothed out and the light went off and I was able to drive it back to my house (about 1 mile).

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Sep 242014

Escape

Car started to idle and couldn't give it any gas. It would stall. Started back up and then the gas would not accelerate. Trouble starting back up but would. This kept repeating.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Sep 192014

Escape 6-cyl

I had the recent steering recall done, never had an issue. Was out of town and then started the car and the wrench light was on. I went to the Ford dealership and they replaced the throttle body. In less than a week now when slowing down to make a turn the car has cutoff once and the next day had no pickup after making a turn. I do not know if its related to the past recalls on the throttle body or not.

- Statesboro, GA, USA

Sep 042014

Escape 4-cyl

Throttle body assembly shorted out internally, scan had code P2112. Engine had no power it stayed at idle while driving at 45 mph immediately slowed down to 2 mph.

- Lincoln, NE, USA

Aug 132014

Escape 4-cyl

My vehicle lost all acceleration while driving at 40mph, the wrench light came on. Pulled over and powered off vehicle and powered it back on (had slight trouble turning over) continued on my way, the vehicle ended up loosing acceleration three times while driving home, was on the busy highway doing 55mpg at one point when all acceleration was lost again. When I explained the problem to Ford they didn't know what was the problem, they ended up replacing the throttle body, but why wasn't this a mandatory recall when accidents could have occurred from loss of acceleration.

- Downingtown, PA, USA