Jul 282019

Escape

Steering has completely frozen during operation making controlling the vehicle virtually impossible. I'm absolutely petrified to drive my vehicle. These problems are very irresponsible on Ford behalf. On a straight road traveling about 25-30 mph. Next I had a left turn coming and my steering wheel failed to turn, and almost ran into another vehicle head on. To say I'm petrified of my vehicle at this point is a gross understatement.

- Harlan, KY, USA

Jul 162019

Escape

Vehicle shut down while in motion.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Jul 152019

Escape

My wife was driving down the highway when her Escape just kept shutting down to the point she almost got rear ended at 65-70mph. Ford had a field service action on this issue is a faulty electronic throttle body malfunction that never made it as a recall. I tried to get Ford to restart this field service as they said my wife's car was past the warranty. Needs to be as a recall not a field service complaint she could have been severely injured or died from this I am out $150 and half day of work to fix this because Ford wonżT do a recall to save their ass.

- Fayetteville, PA, USA

Jan 152019

Escape

Complete loss of power steering during any point in driving.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jan 012018

Escape

Key ignition switch is difficult to work. After turning to the start position you have to push the key in for the vehicle to start. This started about a year ago and the problem has got worst to the point that it can take up to 10 tries and 3 or 4 minutes to get it started.you should not have to punch the key in hard (especially us with arthritis) then turn to get started. This happens every time I try to start the car and extremely stressful when away from home. This is a common flaw of this car and must be fixed by Ford.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Dec 122018

Escape

Power steering went out while driving with no warning so there was a recall on some but not all Escapes on a city street while I was turning at an intersection

- Paradise, TX, USA

Mar 092019

Escape

Power steering failure. Exact failure as reported under Ford recall # 14S05 but this specific VIN# is not a part of the recall. Power steering failed while driving. Could have potentially resulted in loss of control and crash.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 072019

Escape

The vehicle is having electrical issues. The for dealer says its a sensor but it has thrown out my power steering

- Shelby, MI, USA

Mar 022019

Escape

While traveling at 35mph on a city street an alert sounded on the vehicle followed by a message stating power steering assist fault. Vehicle immediately became hard to steer and nearly resulted in a collusion. Managed to pull vehicle in a parking lot and message continued to be displayed after restarting vehicle. Contacted tow service to have vehicle towed to dealership.

- Norman, OK, USA

Feb 202019

Escape

I happen to see it's a lot of recalls on the Ford Escapes I typed my vinland it shows zero recalls but IżM actually having the same problems that the recalls have my Ford Escape powersteering asist fault screen canżT up now it's hard to turn and what not before this screen popped up I hadd another screen telling me tire sensor fault this problem is well common I actually think they need to recall more vehicles

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Jan 292019

Escape

Takata recall since I bought this car a lot of problems with electrics issue sensors, power steering, ignition, speeding sensors, (all electrics) the worst one is power steering. There was a recall on line for this model but not for my car. (why not my car?) there are in recall all 2008 - 2011 Ford Escapes

- So.Boston, MA, USA

Jan 262019

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. While driving and making a left turn, the vehicle jerked and the power steering warning indicator illuminated. The steering wheel seized. The contact coasted the vehicle to the side of the road and powered off the engine. The vehicle was restarted and was driven to the contact's residence. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer or an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and informed the contact that the VIN was not included in a recall. The approximate failure mileage was 103,602.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 252019

Escape

The instrument panel lights and gauges went out at which time I noticed the power steering and turn signals didn't work. This happened 3 or times on a 30 minute drive with a duration of about 30-45 seconds each

- Fredonia, WI, USA

Aug 012018

Escape

The car steering column started to lock up while it was parked when you start the car the steering wheel wouldn't turn after awhile it would you were able to turn on the car in the steering wheel were function after a while the car would do it while driving the car was brought over to the dealership steering column was replaced a few months later same issues steering wheel column or steering wheel would hit when turned brought back to the dealership it was replaced the second time now all electronics relating to the brakes are having issues like brake switch starts to malfunction or brakes get locked up. The car would have troubles either parked or while driving. I bought the car from a dealership so I'm not sure if this car had prior issues to that nothing was disclosed when I purchased it. I am aware of other Ford Escape 2009 models have the same issue and have been recalled

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Nov 022018

Escape

The ignition switch isnt always starting the car when turned. Sometimes it has to be turned multiple times before it will finally start the car. This has gradually gotten worse over the the last few months.

- Farmington, MO, USA

Jul 182018

Escape

Ignition switch doesn't turn the car on when turned. After turning to the start position you have to push the key in for the vehicle to start. The problem gradually gets worst to the point that it no longer will start the vehicle. I feel this is a safety issue because the ignition switch also locks the steering wheel when turned to the off position. Searching the internet I see lots of people have also had this problem. I request the NHTSA recall the 09 Ford Escape for this issue asap.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jun 142018

Escape

1. rear lift gate glass hinge corroded and snapped off, leaving glass dangerously hanging on one hinge. 2. trunk inoperable due to trunk operating via electric patch and no longer receiving electric signal. 3. rear passenger side wheel well extremely rusting.

- Sayville, NY, USA

Apr 242018

Escape

The vehicle stalls when idling, even if only for seconds and surges forward randomly while traveling on the roadway. It has stalled on me up to 8-10 times in one trip from scottsdale to phoenix. It will stall rolling to a stop as well and has stalled on busy roadways and in intersections, putting me in great danger. This has been reported T hundreds of other drivers with the same vehicle and so far no mechanic or even the Ford dealership can pin point the cause. Other people have been reporting this same issue with their cars with only 30,000 miles and others have reprted that the car stalls at highway speeds and I am now afraid it will escalate.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Mar 242018

Escape

The steering wheel locks up when driving. And viberates when idling. Electric steering

- Acushnet, MA, USA

Mar 182018

Escape

I was driving in the highway and I want to go to the rest area and turn left and the wheel got hard to turn the corner of the street, after that never loosened to drive the car

- Miami, FL, USA