Jan 292019

Escape

Takata recall since I bought this car a lot of problems with electrics issue sensors, power steering, ignition, speeding sensors, (all electrics) the worst one is power steering. There was a recall on line for this model but not for my car. (why not my car?) there are in recall all 2008 - 2011 Ford Escapes

- So.Boston, MA, USA

Sep 162018

Escape

Happened three times in 20 minutes on 08/16/2018: Vehicle was in motion each time, suddenly and without warning engine stopped, all warning lights lit up on dashboard and lost complete control of steering, speed control. Wheels locked up and almost caused multiple accidents. Had to pull over and turn on vehicle again.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Aug 052018

Escape

Engine turns off when driving. This happens at different speeds in varying conditions; ie. Driving slow, driving fast, on the highway on side streets.

- Jackson, WY, USA

Jul 182018

Escape

While driving on freeway at 70mph, wrench light and check engine light came on and car suddenly slowed to 40mph. This happened twice in a week. The trouble code shows P2112. Dealer says that my VIN is not covered by the consumer satisfaction program 13N03, but I have experienced the same problem. Dealer says etb must be replaced. I will have to pay for it.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Feb 162018

Escape

Takata recall, with driving my 2009 Ford Escape, I realized whenever I am proceeding to press on the gas at a stop sign or at a traffic light, the acceleration takes time to pick up speed, and when trying to pick up the minimum speed locally it feels like I have to press hard for the truck to accelerate more. And when I'm merging on the highway it is very scary because when pressing down on the gas it stalls, alot let alone when I have to press on the brakes, it takes long to pick up speed again. Also when driving up a steep hill, the truck appears that it can't accelerate fast enough, the acceleration is horrible, and I am starting to become very afraid driving my own very, not knowing wether something is going to happen to me, when driving.

- New Haven, CT, USA

Jun 072017

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. While the contact's spouse was driving various speeds, the steering wheel seized and the power steering failed. While making right or left turns, the steering failed without warning on several occasions. Also, when the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle lunged forward without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but the cause of the failure could not be determined. The local Ford dealer and the manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 124,000.

- Warsaw, NM, USA

Jul 112017

Escape

Vehicle would stall out, all power loss during driving. P2111 throttle issue. Happened 3 times. During acceleration/deceleration (especially on slopes) vehicle would just lose all power. Had to stop and shut off ignition before it would work again.

- Irwin, PA, USA

Mar 302017

Escape

Power steering goes out, at all speeds now (my ESC light is on the dash and won't go off) hard to steer wheel when at a stop or to make a turn. Make it's hard to park a car.

- Middle River, MD, USA

Sep 302016

Escape

Intended to park car in front of garage. Vehicle suddenly sped up uncontrollably, driver applied bakes and turned sharply yet the vehicle hit the garage structure causing damage to the vehicle and the house.

- Corrales, Nm, NM, USA

Sep 012014

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. While driving various speeds, the vehicle suddenly stopped accelerating. The failure occurred when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the throttle body was replaced as part of a manufacturer customer satisfaction program. Approximately two years later, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- London, WV, USA

Jul 012016

Escape

Apple valley Ford has done their best to work with me. However, Ford's extended warranty on the throttle senser is extremely dangerous. It requires an extremely long wait for approved diagnostics, which is known to clear out of memory when the car is turned off. Usually ending in a no. I have been in near death situations because of it over ten times. Today alone, the wrench and fix engine soon lights were on. I pull out of my neighbor onto a highway to stall horizontal across both lanes!!!! and more life threatening events as I cancel today's events and drive directly to the dealership again! I plan to post all my life threatening events of today on facebook. Should I be killed because of this, my loved ones can sue Ford and they might then "comprehend" the severity of this issue and the fact they won't back it up! I have not had any problems with my Ford but this. Do to the extremely dangerous issue, it will be my last Ford. Time to go with a car company that cares about safety.

- Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Aug 092016

Escape

Ford esacape throttle body I own a 2009 Ford Escape and was issued a recall for throttle body. I took my car to dealership and they replaced under warranty. 10 months later my car has the same problem with throttle body. It slows down to a crawl at a moments notice. I am a cath lab tech for a local hospital and was called in the middle of the night. While driving to hospital my wrench and engine light went on suddenly and my car slowed down to a crawl. I kept my foot on gas because I have to get to hospital. I am on a heart team and it is critical. Thankfully it was midnight because there were no other cars on the road. But it could have happened during the day with my kids in the car. I felt confident that my car was repaired with recall but now 10 months later it happens again. Called dealership and Ford service and was told they will not warranty. I have gone over the mileage amount for them to warranty. But what they fail to acknowledge is the elephant in the room. Something is wrong with the throttle body component for Escape. There is no reason to justify why this would recur less than a year later. I just know I am not the only one. And feel as a company they should address this major safety concern.

- Billings, MO, USA

Aug 042016

P2111 error throttle actuater stuck open

- South Shore, KY, USA

Nov 232015

Escape

My 2009 Ford Escape has difficulty getting enough momentum to accelerate on the highway, this is a daily struggle. Yesterday I was trying to pass an 18-wheeler as it was drifting into my lane; as I eagerly pressed on the gas my car jumped and continued to coast at the same speed. Earlier this month, I had to decelerate from 40 mph to a fairly abrupt stop and my car was unable to. I just had my brake pads replaced so I knew that wasn't the problem, my car jolted a total of 7 times before coming to a complete stop. I almost crashed into the car in front of me. Every time I drive my car it sounds like its going to fall apart, the rattling coming from the suspension is constant. I get my Ford Escape checked up every month, because of all the problems I have. This car is a hazard to my safety, and I do not feel comfortable driving in this rolling plastic death trap. It's infuriating that the government claims a defective electronic throttle body to be not harmful enough to have a recall. I could have died from in both instances which I specified in this complaint, something needs to be done about this.

- Oxford, MS, USA

Nov 112015

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the accelerator pedal became stuck causing vehicle to accelerate. The contact indicated that the speed increased to over 65 mph. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Altoona, PA, USA

Sep 112015

Escape

When starting from a stopped position the car will stall out when trying to press the gas to go. The code came up as P2112 when I have had it checked.

- Lawrence, KS, USA

Aug 142015

Escape

Probleme come in the morning after a small run to corner store. 2 monts before fore update de trottle software. For the recal.

- Brossard, AL, USA

Aug 012015

Escape

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Escape. While driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle intermittently accelerated without the accelerator pedal being depressed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 125,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 162015

Escape

I was driving to work and going around a winding part of the road. I was coasting due to the multiple consecutive turns when my car shut off while going approximately 20 mph. Luckily traffic was light and I was able to shift into neutral and restart my car while coasting. Since this event it has happened approximately 30 times, always around low or idle speeds and more often after running longer. I purchased this car second hand in March of 2015. I have never had such a frustrating problem or unsafe feeling with or while driving a vehicle.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Jul 022015

Escape

Vehicle surged then stalled, with absolutely no response when pressing on the accelerator. The vehicle stuttered until we came to a complete stop and shut the vehicle off. Vehicle started and operated without incident until July 7, when it displayed the same issue (this time, the vehicle stalled on the highway while cruising at a constant speed, which presented a dangerous situation). When calling the local Ford dealership, they indicate that they would have to inspect the vehicle, but that they may not replace or repair anything. Very unsatisfactory response considering that there may have been an accident due to the faultiness of their vehicle.

- El Paso, TX, USA