$1,900

Most common solutions:

2. replace rack and pinion (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Oct 082018

F-150 LX 2.7L

Dealer said it was rack & pinion. $1900 to replace it. Just lucky my wife had just pulled off the highway when the steering "locked". The power assist went out & steering wheel took both my hands to turn. If it had happened a few minutes before the wife would have wrecked on the highway. Now she does not trust the 2015 f-150. Not sure if it was the steering electronics or the rack & pinion? It went out all at once.

- Carl T., Charleston, WV, US

Nov 192017

F-150 Fx4 Sport 5.0L V8

started truck just like I do any other time with the fob to warm up. went outside put the key in and turned it on so the timer wouldn't run out and shut off. loaded the truck for a short trip to pick up material. got in pushed the brake put it in gear and backed up, tried to turn and nothing happened. pulled forward still unable to turn. the steering wheel would move around a quarter turn but that was it. tried shutting it off and restarting nothing. pulled batter cable let it sit for thirty minutes still no luck. finally got mad stood outside the truck grabbed the steering wheel and yanked back and forth on it as hard as I could. to the point the truck was rocking violently. at this time I heard a slight click and then the steering wheel would move and the steering would work. now this is not a locked steering wheel like the key was out because I did get it to lock and it wouldn't move but maybe a quarter inch this is something to do with the eaps. took it to ford they had it from Tuesday till black Friday said it had a voltage spike and caused a sensor to need reprogrammed and the steering perimeters needed reset. picked it up Friday drove to Lowes bought a fridge hauled it home unloaded ran fine. Sunday morning started truck to warm up to haul off fridge package guess what, the steering wheel would move quarter turn again. shut off went about my business and decorated the house for Christmas decided while I was outside that evening id try again. now it works. what the hell? anybody had this happen to them? going back to the ford shop tonight unless it wont let me steer then they'll have to tow it. it doesn't look good because nobody at ford has heard of this

- abrian, Bloomfield, US

Oct 192016

F-150 5,0

feels like power steering failure loss of turning radius

After taking vehicle for transfer case, which did not get repaired according to database at separate Ford dealership service department, the steering feels like it is binding and turning radius has diminished significantly.

- Marlin W., San Diego, CA, US

May 162015

F-150 Larret 3.5L

I bought a new 2015 F150 Lariat. With less that 300 miles on it, I lost complete steering. So I don't know if I dare to trust it again.

Update from May 21, 2015: Ford still has not fixed or contacted me in over 5 days since incident of lost steering.

- Brad F., Montevideo, MN, US