9.0

Most common solutions:

1. replace sunroof (2 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

Mar 132019

F-150 Platinum 3.5L

This sunroof is a piece of junk. Sometimes it won't open. Sometimes it won't close. I opened it this morning and it would not close. I spent 1 hour trying to get it closed. It would get within a 1/2" of closing and then reopen. I found several broken plastic pieces in the track so I removed them. It still would not close. Finally I noticed looking at it from the top the back right corner was a little lower than the back left corner. I pushed the button to close it and while it was closing I pushed up on the back right corner and it closed. While it was closing it was making a bunch of popping noised. The Ford dealer said it was going to cost about $2,000.00 to repair it since it was over 3 years old and out of warranty. I'll probably order the parts online and fix it myself.

- Craig P., Hanahan, US

May 022018

F-150 Lariat 2.7L V6

Ford has a significant problem with the large Sunroof's on their F150's and refuses to acknowledge. Numerous accounts on Youtube. Our Sunroof opened and would not close apparently due to poor design the motor operating the sunroof fails when cheap plastic guide parts in the the Sunroof Fail.. We did not have the leaks just a complete failure that made the truck unusable for several weeks.. Sunroof could not be closed manually. Dealership was incredible did a wonderful fix. Had the truck not been under warranty the repair would have been in excess of $2,200. Many owners are reporting this problem Ford is ignoring the issue.

- Gary V., Cloverdale, CA, US