Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

Aug 242019

F-150

Driving on interstate when I heard a sound like a gunshot and found my rear window shattered. Center slide was completely gone.

- Kohler, WI, USA

Jul 072019

F-150

I turned on the rear defroster & the cabin started smoking. I pull over to get out to breathe, one minute later the back windshield shatters completely.

- Dumas, TX, USA

Jun 122019

F-150

Driving with rear defrost on no more than 10 minutes and I heard a load pop. I pulled over and seen my rear window shattered. I saw no impact marks from anything. Ford needs to fix my window. Ive had the truck for 31 days now and this happened

- Breaks, VA, USA

May 062019

F-150

Wipers will not shut off after wiper switch is turned to off. The wipers continue to wipe at a low intermittent speed.

- Orange Park, FL, USA

Mar 312019

F-150

I was sitting in my truck I had started it turned heat on as it was 40 degrees out. Was replying to a text message so we hadnżT even moved when not 5min after starting the vehicle I hear a loud bang and smelt electrical burning smell and thankfully the windows didnżT completely shatter and fall out on my children in the back seat, but both panels on each side of the sliding window were completely cracked and shattering.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Mar 032019

F-150

Wipers will not turn off! can be driving or sitting still.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Mar 052019

F-150

On March 5, 2019, the rear window shattered without impact. The condition was noticed shortly after beginning driving. Outside temperature was 45 degrees.

- Briarcliff, TX, USA

Feb 012019

F-150

The back windshield shattered after getting into truck. Temperature was about 60 degrees in the evening with very little sun light. There were no foreign objects found near back windshield or inside truck.

- Somerset, TX, USA

Jan 182019

F-150

Doors do no open, freeze shut in cold weather or doors will not latch/lock if they open at all. This is a known issue with Ford and had been unsuccessfully addressed in technical service bulletins (tsbs) issued by Ford. There needs to be a permanent solution. Also the windshield washer sprayer freezes regularly. This is also a know issue that has not been resolved. It is dangerous to operate a vehicle when the windshield cannot be cleared of road spray, obscuring vision,

- Minnetonka, MN, USA

Jan 252019

F-150

Back/rear window shattered for no apparent reason. Vehicle was stationary and un occupied while parked on a city street. Law enforcement initially responded to investigate criminal mischief. However, it was determined that the window was not broke by an individual or by a physical object. Review of surveillance cameras verified that no one broke the window and that the window broke on its own.

- Kemp, TX, USA

Sep 012018

F-150

The contact owns a 2016 Ford F-150. While driving, the windshield wipers failed to turn off. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The local dealer was not contacted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and did not assist. The failure mileage was 46,000. The VIN was unknown.

- Dubuque, IA, USA

Dec 082018

F-150

Was in neutral and being pulled through touchless car wash. Prior to putting in gear to pull away I heard a loud bang. After looking in rear mirror seen my window all spidered. After I pulled out the bottom portion of window fell as the upper portion remained. This seems to spontaneously happen for no reason to the F150. IżM paying $412 out of pocket to have repaired. I reached out to Ford and waiting for response. I believe the rear glass has a defect in the making and causes a serious risk to drivers that may get startled when driving and something serious happens. I have copy of accident report from gas station and picture of damage. No police report.

- De Pere, WI, USA

Nov 142018

F-150

Fire and lots of smoke inside my truck when I used my remote start inside my garage...dropped back seat, pulled carpet back and witness and recorded a burnt wire hanging down across rear window that kept burning and never stopped/popped a fuse or relay until I shut down the remote start. Ford dealership said it was the rear defroster that automatically turns on when using remote start...replaced entire back window and wire harness split cost with Ford not under warranty ż.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 152018

F-150

On November 15 morning I started my 2016 Ford F-150 with remote start to let it warm up and went to get in and put the key in and I heard a loud bang and the back widow scattered

- Bourbonnais, IL, USA

Nov 112018

F-150

Windshield washer system will not pump fluid at temperatures below freezing even when using washer fluid rated for -30 degrees F. I recently was on a 1.5 hour trip with the outside temperature at about +20 degrees F. I needed to spray washer fluid on the windshield while driving and the liquid would not pump. After arriving at my destination and parking outside with no sun; I went to try the washers after letting the truck sit for 20 minutes; the washer worked fine. I pumped the container dry by repeatedly activating the washer to attempt to flush any old fluid out of the system. I then refilled the washer with -30 F rated fluid and pumped some of this through the system. After letting the truck sit overnight I tried using the washers while the outdoor ambient temperature was about +20F and again the washers would not pump fluid. I know the fluid is good, it is brand new and from a reputable supplier. The fluid is liquid in the washer fluid tank in the truck. Something is wrong with the fluid dispensing system in this truck. I have also owned a 2015 Ford F-150 pickup that exhibited this exact same problem. This is a huge safety issue when driving on wet winter roads.

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Oct 162018

F-150

This morning started car and turned on rear window defrost. Left car for 5 minutes to warm up. When I came back cab was filled with smoke. I cut engion. When smoke cleared I saw the left and right rear window panels were smashed. After googling this it turns out to be a very common problem. The rear window defrost mechanism overheats and shatters windows.

- Dedham, MA, USA

Sep 112018

F-150

After using my winshield wiper on 09/11/2018 in the morning, they do not turn off. Any time the windshield wipers are engaged, whether the vehicle is in motion or stationary, they fail to properly turn off after use and continue to stay on for an unknown period of time or until vehicle is turned off, where they continue once the vehicle is restarted. This has become a distraction while driving, especially during conditions that do not require the use of wipers or when the use of wipers causes a larger issue by further smearing substances that cannot be safely removed by them such as oily liquids or other substances that require a different way of removal. There is also the risk of wipers not shutting off during circumstances, such as during a carwash where they can be permanently damaged and rendered inoperable when actually needed during inclement weather.

Sep 102018

F-150

After using my winshield wiper on 09/10/2018 they do not turn off. Any time the windshield wipers are engaged, whether the vehicle is in motion or stationary, they fail to properly turn off after use and continue to stay on for an unknown period of time or until vehicle is turned off, where they continue once the vehicle is restarted. This has become a distraction while driving, especially during conditions that do not require the use of wipers or when the use of wipers causes a larger issue by further smearing substances that cannot be safely removed by them such as oily liquids or other substances that require a different way of removal. There is also the risk of wipers not shutting off during circumstances, such as during a carwash where they can be permanently damaged and rendered inoperable when actually needed during inclement weather.

Sep 092018

F-150

After using my winshield wiper on 09/09/2018 in the morning, they do not turn off. Any time the windshield wipers are engaged, whether the vehicle is in motion or stationary, they fail to properly turn off after use and continue to stay on for an unknown period of time or until vehicle is turned off, where they continue once the vehicle is restarted. This has become a distraction while driving, especially during conditions that do not require the use of wipers or when the use of wipers causes a larger issue by further smearing substances that cannot be safely removed by them such as oily liquids or other substances that require a different way of removal. There is also the risk of wipers not shutting off during circumstances, such as during a carwash where they can be permanently damaged and rendered inoperable when actually needed during inclement weather.

Sep 082018

F-150

After using my winshield wiper on 09/08/2018, they do not turn off. Any time the windshield wipers are engaged, whether the vehicle is in motion or stationary, they fail to properly turn off after use and continue to stay on for an unknown period of time or until vehicle is turned off, where they continue once the vehicle is restarted. This has become a distraction while driving, especially during conditions that do not require the use of wipers or when the use of wipers causes a larger issue by further smearing substances that cannot be safely removed by them such as oily liquids or other substances that require a different way of removal. There is also the risk of wipers not shutting off during circumstances, such as during a carwash where they can be permanently damaged and rendered inoperable when actually needed during inclement weather.