6.7

$2,350

Most common solutions:

2. replace steering rack (1 reports)

Sep 142016

Fusion SE

I have the car now about 3 years. Around the 2nd year or so I noticed on the dashboard that it said, "Power Steering Sensor Fault". So I called Ford and I also found out there was a recall. I brought the car in and the mechanic said he doesn't see any problem. So now when it comes on I shut the car off and play with the steering wheel. I was so annoyed with Ford for not looking further into this. I called ford again and spoke to a mechanic and said how am I going to fix this problem, he said when it happens again and it displays it on the dashboard bring it in so we can find the right code since there are so many. I said to him how am I suppose to bring it in if I can't drive it, he didn't answer me. So there you have it. The name Ford is short for "Found On Road Dead", and that's pretty accurate.

- Lisa C., Chestertown, US

Sep 022018

Fusion SEL 2.5L

Had problems with the electrical power steering cutting on and off for about two years. Usually could turn the car off and restart and problem would stop until the car was shut off again. Power steering finally gave up completely end of August/ early September of 2018. Ford has recalled hundreds of thousands of vehicles with this problem but did not include my vehicle with the recall. Had to pay a ridiculous $2,350.00 to have the entire steering rack replaced.

- Eric B., Daphne, US

Apr 212018

Fusion SEL 3.2L£ V6

click to see larger images

power assist steering fault power assist steering fault

It's a recall it shouldn't matter how many miles are on the car. It's a faulty part on Ford's part and they should fix the issue

- Grace G., Norcross, GA, US