4.0

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Terrain:

Mar 012017

Terrain

Started March of 2017 progressively getting worse. SUV jerks, gauges go crazy, check engine light comes on, if slow to below 20 mph it sputters and won┐T accelerate, if I stop completely it won┐T accelerate. Multiple times this has happened on the interstate during rush hour traffic & at busy intersections. If I turn car off and back on the system resets. Then it starts all over again. It has been in and out of the shop. Probably 10-15 times in 2years. They get codes, but then these go away before they can be ┐run┐. I broke down 1-1/2 weeks ago in bay minette & the car wouldnt start back up. I was stranded out of town and had to rent a car to get back home. The dealer there got 7 error codes that all cleared out. I have filed a compjaint with GMC, but they are slow to handle the problem & I can┐T get supervisors on the phone or at least one who doesn┐T seem like he's been drinking.

- Warrior, AL, USA

Nov 222018

Terrain

After coming to a stop and trying to move forward the vehicle stalled this happen several times and would also stalled when in reverse. There is only 47000 miles on the vehicle and is driven both highway and city. Vehicle would only stalled after coming to a stop or driving under 5 mph. The check engine light is on and stays on for a few days then goes away. This has been happening since Nov 22, 2018.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Dec 252018

Terrain

The car keeps stalling when trying to accelerate in reverse or drive and the check engine light is on. This is problem as I am reading up on this so I believe there is some kind of recall that needs to happen. This is bullshit

- Ripley, TN, USA

Sep 182018

Terrain

While driving in stop and go traffic my car stalled, after restarting it it continued to turn off after acceleration and shuddered when miles to 20 miles an hour.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

May 272018

Terrain

Leaving my parking spot after going out to eat I went in reverse and the vehicle stalled at about 5mph, turned the car completely off and then turned back on. Put it in drive and just as I started to accelerate it stalled. This happened 10-12 times while I was trying to leave the parking lot. Vehicle stalled while leaving car wash as I was excelleratig our. Vehicle stalled as I was leaving a complete stop from a stop sign on a city street. Something is wrong with the engine stalling while starting to accelerate. 43,000 miles from first occurrence currently at 43,300 still happening on a regular basis.

- Dunkirk, NY, USA

Jan 102018

Terrain

On 1/10/18, I was on my way to work and received message "engine power reduced", the engine light came on and power was reduced to 25 mph. I brought the Terrain into a mechanic and he synchronized the gas pedal sensor and fuel sensor and the engine light went out. On 1/13/18, the same thing happened except I was on a highway and it was much more frightening. I brought the Terrain back to my mechanic and left the vehicle. I am now without a car for the weekend.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Mar 122015

Terrain 6-cyl

While switching lanes in traffic ( around 15 mph), the vehicle shut off (including radio gauges and engine). Put on hazards, switched from drive to park, and restarted the car.

- Huntington Station, NY, USA