8.0

Most common solutions:

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Accord:

May 162017

Accord EXL V4

• CVT transmission

When reversing in the morning without pushing gas, car hesitates and then suddenly goes faster. Also, when driving, car will not accelerate when pushing gas -- transmission seems stuck. It can be dangerous, especially with cars nearby. This has been happening off and on since I bought the car brand new.

- Pat L., San Diego, CA, US

Jun 152015

Accord Sport 4 cyl

• CVT transmission

Within 2 weeks of buying my new Honda Accord Sport I began experiencing hesitation in acceleration when first starting from a starting position. The problem continued on and progressed, even occurred at freeway speed when trying to pass a vehicle. The issue became concerning when I attempted to cross traffic and my car hesitated which almost resulted in my car getting struck with my family in the car. I voiced my concern with one Southern California Honda dealership and the technician said that he has had a customer on multiple occasions bring in an Accord with the same issues and they have not been able to fix the problem. The technician suggested I contact American Honda to make a complaint because there was nothing he could do to fix the problem and went as far to say that the the problem I am having is a, "CHARACTERISTIC", of the Honda Accord with the continuous variable transmission (CVT). I then discussed the issue with the Service Manager of another Southern California Honda dealership and he told me that a technician that works for him had the same problems with his Honda Accord and that it was a, "CHARACTERISTIC" of the car which they don't have a fix for. I took the car into the dealership where I bought it and after keeping the car for 2 days they said they they could not duplicate problem and said it was a "CHARACTERISTIC" of the car. They said the car is equipped with a safety feature which shuts of the gas when the brake pedal is pressed and that I was probably driving with 2 feet and that I was probably pressing on the brake at the same time I was pressing the accelerator. I have been driving for over 20 years and know that I am not a 2 feet driver. It was kind of insulting for them to suggest I did that after telling them that I do not drive with 2 feet.

- Jerry L., La Habra, CA, US

Feb 102015

Accord EXL 3.2L V6

Hesitates after a stop or slowing down making a corner. When you accelerate nothing happens for 5 seconds or so. I had a 2014 Accord I got rid of at 3000 mile because of the same thing, it was a 4 cyl CVT. The 2015 is a 6 cyl automatic. I believe it has to due with the traction control as it happens when the wheels are turned making a corner. This has only happened 20 or so times, but with my past experience with the Honda dealer, there is no use taking it back as they wouldn't do anything with the 2014 and it was much worse. Same problem, two different transmissions.

- Conrad G., Ormond Beach, Florida (FL), US