Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Honda Pilot:

Oct 172017

Pilot

Steering wheel jerking left or right. Jerking occurs erratically and unpredictably; steering wheel jerks at highway speeds which could easily cause the loss of control of the vehicle on the highway and is very dangerous and stressful since it is not clear when the wheel jerking will occur while driving. It does tend to occur while on curved roads, appearing to try to jerk the wheel straight when the car steering needs to be adjusted to stay in one's lane; red and amber malfunction lights come on and off frequently. In particular, the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light comes on and off regularly even without the jerking steering wheel. The TPMS warning light also often flashes at the same time as the jerking steering at highway speeds such as around 50 mph. Red display of brake light warning and amber display of brake system warning often occur, sometimes paired with the jerking steering wheel. The jerking occurs typically on the highway at speeds such as 50 or 55 miles per hour.

- Ny, NY, USA

May 202019

Pilot

The contact owns a 2017 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the vehicle lost power while traveling on an incline. Also, the brake pedal was soft and traveled to the floorboard when being depressed. In addition, the collision and brake warning indicators illuminated. The contact drove to ryan Honda of minot (3701 S broadway, minot, nd 58701, 701-852-1111) to be diagnosed, but no failure was found. The contact also stated that certain electrical features on her vehicle sporadically failed to operate when needed. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Gilette, WY, USA

Aug 132019

Pilot

The contact owns a 2017 Honda Pilot. While the vehicle was stopped with the auto idle engaged and air conditioner activated, the brake pedal was released and the vehicle stalled. Also, the gear shifter went into park. The contact had to press the engine start button several times for the vehicle to restart. All the warning indicators on the instrument cluster were illuminated. The contact called Honda of covington (100 holiday square blvd, covington, la 70433, (985) 892-0001), but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 53,500.

- Loranger, LA, USA

Feb 092019

Pilot

On two occasions I was driving at a speed between 30-45 mph on a state highway when for no apparent reason the auto braking system slammed on the brakes nearly causing the car behind me to hit me. The second time the road was slick and I nearly lost control.

- Cedar Lake, IN, USA

Jun 222019

Pilot

At traffic light, car wont stop during braking, there was an abnormal vibration. Speed was +/-20 mph. I had to turn right to avoid accident and after 300ft car stop, brakes work to normal again. Incident happened in quiet fm road, about 1 miles from home. Mileage 22K.

- Spring, TX, USA

May 022018

Pilot

This vehicle appears to have faulty brakes - either by design or by manufacturing. While I cannot comment on the chances of brake failure but the performance of the brakes is unsatisfactory and unpredictable. I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one affected. I would personally investigate the brakes on the current generation Honda Pilot as they appear to be a potential safety issue. But, the decision to undertake this exercise of investigating Honda is up to you.

- Irving, TX, USA

Dec 092018

Pilot

The contact owns a 2017 Honda Pilot. While driving at unknown speeds, the brake pedal was applied, but failed to respond. As a result, the vehicle crashed into two vehicles. In addition, there was an abnormal vibration in the vehicle. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic for auto body repairs. The local dealer and manufacturer were not contacted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired for the brake failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Sep 232017

Pilot

Purchased our 2017 Pilot straight from dealer in Feb 2017; by summer, brakes would squeak when pressure applied - got much worse over time. Sent multiple videos over next 12 months, had car in for repair at least once a month - service dept could never resolve issue, despite replacing brake pads and entire brake system. Per dealership, american Honda Motors refuses to acknowledge problem despite dealership doing so.

- Barrigada, GU, USA

Mar 212018

Pilot

I have 2017 Honda Pilot touring. I have a reoccurring problem with the anti break mitigation system. It continually activates in multiple driving situations that do not require it to activate. This problem occurs when I'm driving at different speeds, with and without the cruise control is set, and on any type of road. I have taken it to the dealership 5 times to have this problem corrected. They have been able to duplicate the problem. They have tried to repair this problem 5 times without success. The anti break system continues to activate incorrectly on almost a daily basis. The dealership has stated that there isn't a problem and that I can turn off the anti break system and drive my vehicle without it. I paid for this feature and I do not think that I need to turn it off as it is a safety feature of my car. This is a serious safety issue and it needs to operate correctly. I also had to replace the fuel injection system.

- Grand Haven, MI, USA

Dec 272017

Pilot

The contact owns a 2017 Honda Pilot. While driving 20 mph, the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. Also, the brake pedal was applied, but failed to respond. The contact stated that it was difficult to keep the vehicle aligned while driving. The vehicle was taken to scott Honda of West chester (706 autopark blvd, West chester, pa 19382, (610) 692-6000). The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Jan 142018

Pilot

This might be an unknown issue, but upon startup, the brake pedal is very stiff and hard. Few times, I couldn't start the car because the brake was so stiff, I couldn't press on it with my foot, and it went into accessory mode. I took it to 3 different dealers, they keep telling me that it's normal. Advantage Honda tried replacing the battery, but that didn't help. All they could do is a multipoint diagnostic on it, where the computer won't show anything. Dealers are telling me it's normal, but why is my neighbor's 2017 Honda Pilot not giving him the same problem" it can't be normal because when I first purchased the car in Aug. 2017, and up until mid Oct. 2017, the brake pedal was fine. Then after that, it only happen overnight, then now it's happening every time I start the car, it gets very frustrating when you have to slam the btrake pedal in order to start the car. I've driven other vehicles with push button starts for many years in the past, and I've never encountered an issue like this. Could this be an issue with the hydraulic brake system loosing vacuum supply where dealers don't want to bother taking a closer look at the issue because they don't make that much money if it's still under warranty" I've called Honda of America, they told me to bring it to a dealer, but dealers are not helping or even explain why is the brake pedal doing that other than say it's normal. As soon as I start the car, the car runs fine. Please help me understand why my car is like this. Thank you for your help.

- Whitestone, NY, USA