Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Genesis:

Apr 132018

Genesis

About a month before the incident, the vehicle was fully imspected in official dealership, no issues reported. A few days before the incident, the wipers started working with the engine off; I scheduled an appointment for an inspection. The vehicle was leased with about 10 months left on the lease. On April 13, 2018 after driving for 1,5-2 hours, I parked it and went to the office for 10-15 minutes; on my way back to the vehicle I heard the fire trucks coming; as I was approaching my vehicle I realized that my vehicle was on fire. The inspector reported the engine explosion due to manufacturers problem. So basically happy to be alive as nobody knows what would had happened with me and my kids in the vehicle driving on a highway; so after more than 3,5 months Hyundai finncial still did not close the case although they stated that they are in the process of paying off the vehicle. Nobody ever said sorry; I call to Hyundai / Hyundai financial every day and all they do is they tranfer me from one department to another; the case manager assigned to our case never picks the phone, never calls back, to reach him I need to call to the supervisor and complain and only than I receive a call from him. 2 months ago he stated he would close the case the coming Monday. No actions since then so far.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Apr 202018

Genesis

The vehicle is was on a highway doing 70mph with no other vehicles in front or near by. The panoramic sunroof suddenly exploded sending tiny pieces of glass all over the vehicle interior. The sunroof was not hit by any debri on the road. The weather was sunny with 50F.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA