Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mazda MAZDA6:

Feb 072019

MAZDA6

Various software control features transiently stop working. The navigation system has failed to come on several times. The key fob stops working and then works again.the problems are always transient and then start working again. The worst thing that happened was the front sensor failed to work and a small pole was hit and did damage to the front fender.

- Mountain Brk, AL, USA

Aug 032018

MAZDA6

Car accelerated unassisted and the brakes did not stop it. Mounted a concrete divider and slammed into another car. Vehicle was going about 5mph pulling out of parking space and turning onto exit driveway.

- East Haven, CT, USA

Jan 112017

MAZDA6

2016 Mazda 6 had a sunroof that exploded on Jan 11, 2017 while driving. It sounded like a gunshot and I almost wrecked. It exploded upward and out of the vehicle although we had a lot of glass that rained back in on us and the inside of her car. The vehicle was only 8 months old. Mazda replaced the sunroof out of "good will" (as they put it) her vehicle is not the first vehicle to do this - google it! they are refusing to repair the leather seats that the glass got embedded in and ripped and are refusing to fix the paint where the glass flew out and took a chunk of paint off the roof and the trunk of the vehicle. We have been trying to work through this with them since January. I have been on the phone with corporate Mazda who in turn have been trying to get passport Mazda on the phone for 2 weeks to get their side of the story. The have not made a connection with corporate in over two weeks. Isn't that like ignoring your boss? besides the fact that Mazda will not stand behind their product and quality one of my daughter first "adult purchases" has not turned out to be a disheartening experience. They have not heard the last from us as we stand up for what is right! do not purchase a Mazda as their customer service is less then satisfactory and we purchased not one but two Mazda's on the same day! --

- Hughesville, MD, USA

Nov 142015

MAZDA6

I have a 2016 Mazda 6 GT with stock 19" dunlop tires. I bought the car with around 80 miles & at the time of the incident was around 6800 miles. I was traveling to work going around 72 mph & the left rear tire blewout causing an accident on the interstate. Tires should not blowout that quickly with proper care of the vehicle. The tire tread wore too fast.

- Byron, GA, USA

Dec 072015

MAZDA6

The sunroof in my car exploded and partially shattered while parked in my work's parking lot. Glass was all over the exterior and interior of the car. What glass was left had cracked completely and was unstable. I was able to get the car to my local Mazda dealer and they are replacing it under warranty.

- Novi, MI, USA