Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mini Cooper:

May 312016

Cooper

Seat belt on driver side of the convertible was rolling up on one side and not providing adequate safe restraint. Was told by dealership that I was pulling the seat belt out with my left hand and sitting too close and that I should be pulling the seat belt out with my right hand. Owners manual did not provide this information. Contact with BMW of North America did not resolve issue. When I told the dealership service person that this was a design flaw if you can only use one hand to pull the seat belt and sit a certain way, she agreed that it was. I told BMW the same when I spoke to them today and told them I was filing a formal complaint with the NHTSA about the seat belt design.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 302016

Cooper

Constant replacing of the seat belts. Currently back seat belt not working again serious saftey hazard. No longer receiving a response from the dealer. Cannot ride a certain amount of passengers in the rear. Have taken the car back multiple times

- Chicago, IL, USA