Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Nissan Sentra:

Feb 132019

Sentra

Car runs fine then when you stop and try to restart it, a message comes up ┐warning no key detected, system error┐. the car is stationary and will not start and everything is shut down. You never know when this will happen.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

May 042018

Sentra 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2017 Nissan Sentra. The contact stated that whenever driving, the vehicle swerves side to side as a result the contact became car sick. The steering wheel as became difficult to maneuver and an abnormal rattling noise was heard. The vehicle was taken to fred anderson Nissan (9225 glenwood ave, raleigh, nc 27617 (919) 324-3443) where the failure could not be duplicated. A master technician test drove the vehicle and ignored the failures and said their was no problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and they sent in the master technician that denied all of the failures. The failure mileage was 11 miles.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

May 252018

Sentra

I have experienced the same issues as described in 'service brakes problem of the 2014 Nissan Sentra 49┐, which was reportedly similar to investigation "PE14-014". while driving a rental vehicle on a highway (left lane) at approximately 65 mph, all of a sudden it accelerated and it was as if the vehicle took over the steering - I could not keep the steering wheel straight and the car started moving between lanes and eventually I hit the guarding rail by the right lane and stopped. There was damage to the vehicle and it was very scary but I did not have a scratch. I was able to start the car again but I had to have it towed as I was too scared to drive it again. I thank my lucky stars that there were no other vehicles in either lane during the accident or I would not be writing this report today. I believe the car only had about 1500 km. I can`T believe I survived.

- New York, NY, USA

Sep 122017

Sentra

A static-like noise come out whenever the steering wheel is turning right two mechanics form Nissan dealers have check the car and noticed the noise but both of them could not diagnose how/why the noise came out

- East Meadow, NY, USA

Jul 312017

Sentra

I"M documenting the scary situations I've experinced with my 2017 Nissan Sentra sr turbo. On 7/31/17 the vehicle started to stall at an intersection, then came to a complete stop. The engine turned off and I was left without any ability to controll the car. I was able to get it started again trying to make it back home it barely made it at a maximum speed of 10 miles/hr. It had to be towed to a dealer for serviced it was completelly undrivable. They said the battery needed to be replaced. I drove back to work after the repairs. That evening leaving work the same thing happened. Had to call again to have the car towed to the dealer again. The next day I got a call from the service person telling me the alternator had gone out, and that the part would take 2 weeks to come in. Meanwhile I contacted Nissan Corp. To le them know of the situation and the other various times I'd to bringin the car in for repairs since I purchsed it brand new in 1/14/17. I told them this car is putting my life and others in danger and that I belived it was a lemmon. A few days later I got a call telling me that my case had been moved up in their priority list, however they did't let me know that this situation was happening to other custormers. Last week I got a call telling me that Nissan Corp was in no possition to take the car back, but that they were willin to offer me either $1000 back or an extended warranty on the car of 100.000 miles/8 years, which at this point I'm not willingto comit to either one.

- Apopka, FL, USA