8.3

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2019 Subaru Ascent:

Oct 082019

Ascent

Brake failure on new car

- State College, PA, USA

Mar 252019

Ascent

A couple of months ago, my wife started the car and backed off a parking lot. When she pressed the brake and felt wired - the brake could not be pressed down and felt like it's jammed somehow. The car did not stop even she switched the car to parking! it eventually stopped after hit a parked car behind. Because the speed was very low so there was no obvious damage to both cars. But after restarted the car, all the warning lights went on - rab, eye sight, at oil temp, low tire pressure, and the sun roof and sun shade not working.

- Mill Creek, WA, USA

Apr 012019

Ascent

At 6700 miles, the brakes are rough and gives the car a very bumpy ride.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Oct 012018

Ascent

Within my first two weeks (200-300 miles) of owning the vehicle I was told by stevens creek Subaru that the car was not safe to drive and here we are again. Another failed strut. So by deduction, it's unsafe to drive but that hasn't stopped Subaru from putting me back in it, fully aware that the strut has failed verified at 20,000 miles but problem started 12,000 miles ago. In motion this is a problem everywhere. Safety issue. Subaru is not making me drive for almost a month with a failed strut, waiting on parts. Let's talk about brakes next... so they replaced the front pads with "special" brakes, hand delivered from Japan. Why" what are these "special" pads and how are they different? I really want to know what's different about these? are they softer? will they wear out faster" I'm not honestly thrilled that they resurfaced the rotors. Again... brand new car... brand new rotors... now they have extra "wear" as a result of the bad brakes from the factory and they will wear out faster. Would have preferred them to be replaced. This only adds additional out of warranty costs to me in the end. Especially if the new pads also wear quicker. Safety we just blindly applied the ECU firmware upgrade with no pre-drive test to verify the problem. Which was why the car was left overnight in the first place initially. So we have no documentation of the issue just that we flashed the firmware. From my tests the past two mornings it seems better and possibly resolved but again, this should have been properly documented and tested and was not. The surging engine condition / transmission gear ratio hunting problem was never verified by the dealer. They blindly flashed the firmware and also didn't road test after the fact. There also still an undiagnosed transmission problem. Additionally there's many more things wrong with my car but your form limits me to three at a time.

- Royal Oaks, CA, USA

Jan 192019

Ascent 4-cyl

2019 Subaru Ascent. Consumer writes in regards to brake failure.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Mar 022019

Ascent

The contact owns a 2019 Subaru Ascent. While driving at an unknown speed, the brake warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. After turning off and restarting the vehicle, the indicator disappeared and the vehicle operated normally. The cause of the failure was not determined. Kocourek Subaru (2600 N. 20th ave, wausau, wi) and the manufacturer were notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 9,300. The VIN was unknown.

- Stratford, WI, USA

Feb 112019

Ascent

I was in traffic and the dash- started flashing and everything at once started shutting off and then brake was applied on its own. Very scary while in traffic- I have been waiting for a tow truck for over 3 hours. Dials: At oil temp flashes, all electronic things is all off and lit. Transmission and braking issues- all at once. City street braddock rd and I pulled off at kings park shopping center in front of wells fargo and cvs, stationary.

- Springfield, VA, USA