Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer:

Sep 282019

Trailblazer

Low beams stopped working, took it to the dealer who replaced both bulbs and it worked for a couple weeks now low beams randomly shut off while driving, especially at night. Airbag sensor keeps turning on and off and the horn stopped working. The airbag sensor seems to come on more on longer trips around the city with more turns.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 102019

Trailblazer

Can turn over but doesnt start have to keep playing with key untill it starts and will once in awhile just lose power while driving sometimes can put in neutral and will start back up but sometimes have to pull over to wait and restart cant drive on free way afraid it will die out in traffic

- Midlothian, IL, USA

Nov 282018

Trailblazer

It bag for front driver light is on do not know why? there is some kind of electrical short and Iżve had it checked by two companies cannot find it Iżve had new battery, new alternator and still car stops working I get car jumped and can put key in ignition to try to start car and when I shut car off too soon or why I try to start car it's not working and then I cannot get key out of the ignition this has happened at least 5 times car only has 84883 miles on it this happenes if front of house when I go to start car. I am listing last time this happened was today but the airbag for the drivers side is always on now for about 5 months

- Braintree, MA, USA

Aug 092018

Trailblazer

My window in the rear passenger side malfunctioning.... it would let down on it's own.this happens when my vehicle in drive and when park.

- Macon, GA, USA

Aug 182018

Trailblazer

Engine dies while driving (losing propulsion, steering, brakes, etc.) and the key will not restart when turned forward (in neutral), while coasting, but will restart when the key is turned back and then forward again. In this case, coasting down and braking and turning right, possibly with right turn signal on. Died right before starting to turn the steering wheel at about 15-20 mph. It was a clear dry 100 degree afternoon, on smooth pavement. We live on a bumpy dirt road that is just over a quarter of a mile long to reach our house. Similar to other GM ignition key / no air bag recall programs for similar model year vehicles, such as the HHR. There is no recall, but how many people does this happen to" any deaths, yet" I don't believe the air bags may have worked, should we have been involved in an accident. There was no information shown in the diver information center display (dic) and there were warning lights on in the dashboard, to indicate that the power was on to the instrument cluster (ic), but that the motor was off. I could not select brakes and steering as being affected, but with no motor, there is no vacuum brake boosting going on, and no power steering either.

- Casa Grande, AZ, USA

Sep 092017

Trailblazer

I was driving down the highway and my lights just went off. The interior lights were on but the headlights went out. I stopped the car, turned it off, waited a few minutes and turned it back on. The lights did not come back on. The high beam lights still worked and I drove home with my brights on. When I got home and turned off the car I tried them again and this time they came on normally. This is the third time this has happened at night that they just went off.

- Bolivar, MO, USA

May 082017

Trailblazer

My son and I were driving 65 mph on the interstate.... car just died, no warning. I had to veer suddenly to the right to make the ramp or take a chance on the shoulder. Since this first time the car has also not wanted to start. I thought it had to do with the alarm locking me out, but it appears it is the ignition switch. The car has on multiply time died while I was driving. I've tried reaching out to Chevy and GM but, each is wanting me to pay for a diagnostic. I do not have the money to spend on this. I don't want to die because I can't afford to pay for their faulty ignition. Please help us.

- Alice, TX, USA

May 312017

Trailblazer

While driving both of my headlights stopped working. This effected both daytime running lights and low beams. High beams are still operational. Researching the issue easily shows that the issue is a faulty headlight relay. I even tried to replace both bulbs and checked all fuses to verify. I contacted the service department of frei Chevrolet in marquette Michigan and they refused to even tell me if they had the parts in stock to resolve the issue. This will be the last time that I deal with them.

- Ishpeming, MI, USA

Nov 082016

Trailblazer 4WD 8-cyl

75K on 2008 Trailblazer.... instrument panel lights and audio display work intermittently. Seems to be connected to cold temps? they are off at startup but as SUV is driven and warms up... the audio display appears. The radio/cd player work even when the display is off. Just started happening this fall (2016). Also.. the low tire pressure light comes on only in cold temps but goes out after driving a few miles.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Jun 062016

Trailblazer

I have had my 2008 trailblaer for a year now. I have been having major electrical issues for the past few months including my battery light and other popping up ramdonly and my truck not wanting to drive or run right. Now my exhaust manifold is completely cracked thru,

- Alexander, AR, USA

Dec 022015

Trailblazer

Takata recall, my 2008 Chevy Trailblazer has 110,000 miles on it and for the past year it seems that I've been having electrical problems. This problem have been going on for about 6 month. Every now and then my car wont start and I have to get a boost off to get it started again. I took my SUV to get the battery and alternator checked and they said everything looked great. Then after that I noticed that my rear brake lights were going haywire with blinking lights going on and off and the car was not on. After I noticed the blinking lights, I went to try to start the car and it was dead. Also, my front passenger door motor went out, so the window wont go up or down.. this is very frustrating can someone please tell me if there are recalls on any of these problems.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Oct 012015

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, there was a burning odor coming form the vehicle. The contact also stated that while driving, the driver's side window and door lock lost power causing the door to be unable to lock. The contact also stated that the headlights dimmed at night. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the window motor switch, the HVAC temperature control motor, and the rear locking assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures and proposed a discount toward a new vehicle. The failure mileage was 50,000.....updated 04/15/16

- Pierpont, OH, USA

Feb 012015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the driver side door window would not close and the door locks randomly locked and unlocked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the electrical door mechanism was faulty and needed to be replaced. In addition, a burning odor was present inside the vehicle coming from the driver side dual climate control. The mechanic diagnosed that the temperature actuator was inoperable. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The contact also indicated that the liftgate would not open. The failure mileage was 35,000.

- Piepont, OH, USA

Nov 042015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer. While the vehicle was parked, the front passenger side window erroneously rolled down and an electrical burning odor was present inside the vehicle. While inspecting the vehicle, the contact discovered that the window switch was charred and melted. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 139,000.

- School Craft, MI, USA

Sep 262015

Trailblazer

I recently started having problems, one being my brake lights don't always work. I took it to a local Chevy dealer and was told it all had to do with an electrical problem as is impossible to fix. Shouldn't my vehicle be recalled? I'm a safe driver and it's a bit upsetting knowing that I don't know if and when my break lights are working. Especially when I have small children with me. We recently moved, as my husband was following me, he was the one that noticed my brake lights weren't working.

- Boyceville, WI, USA

Sep 162015

Trailblazer

On )9/16/15, I was driving my 2008 chev Trailblazer on the highway at 55mph and the ignition switch failed and the the vehicle rolled to a stop. It would not start again and was towed by glenn's towing service faribault mn 55021 to harry brown's service center faribault mn 55021. They replaced the ignition switch and charged $389.25. I'm concerned if they put in the same switch with a defect or one that has been improved to eliminate the defect as Chevrolet has been recalling ignition switches on other vehicles but not the Trailblazer. I was lucky I didn't get hit when the truck stopped.

- Faribault, MN, USA

Sep 092015

Trailblazer

The driver door module does not work when it rains. I took this to a dealer and after they tested it told me it needed to be replaced $500. For part plus labor that they could not quote. I checked on line to find out if GM had recall on these vehicles and found that they did 2004 - 2007 mine is a 2008 experiences the exact issues that the others had but GM can't help me because my VIN # is not listed. Why did GM not try to help me with this issue" when over 184,000 vehicles where recalled for this issue. What do I need to do to see if I can get help to replace this" I wouldn't ask but I feel its only right to replace it after all those vehicles where recalled and mine is doing the exact same thing. It happens every time it rains apparently it leaks in the door some how and it gets wet and want work it controls seat heat, all door locks and windows and driver window. I purchased this vehicle used in 2014 and it has done it every since I have owned it by the time it gets back to the dealer its working again. Usually a day or so and it will work. This time its not working

- East Earl, PA, USA

May 052015

Trailblazer

The contact owns a 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer. The contact stated that the ignition was turned to the on position and there was smoke coming from the hood without warning. The contact turned the ignition back to the off position and opened the hood and discovered the head lamp driving module relay on fire. The contact extinguished the fire. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was taken dealer where it was diagnosed that the accessory board failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 89,471.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Feb 282014

Trailblazer 4WD 6-cyl

Purchased this vehicle from a dealer. The next day the truck was dead. It has since had the battery replaced 3 times. The exhaust manifold cracked at 82,000. The number 4 position on the blower does not work. The stabiltrak lights come on for no reason and go off for no reason. With all of the complaints, something should be done.

- Walkerton, IN, USA

Feb 022015

Trailblazer

While driving low beam lights shut off while driving at night. Will not come on now! this is a very dangerous situation for safety reasons. I am 73 years old and afraid to drive at night and also daytime with no daytime running lights. Please advise if there is a recall or solution so I can have dealer get it fixed. Loyal Chevrolet customer for 50 years that needs desperate help. Thank you! ## VIN passed ## Chevy Trailblazer LT2 2008 ##

- San Antoni, TX, USA