Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Traverse:

May 012021

Traverse

The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact stated that while attempting to start the vehicle, it would take a long time to start up and while driving at 20 - 40 mph, the vehicle would not accelerate then goes into limp mode. The ABS, check engine, traction control and service air bags warning lights were illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and diagnosed that the wheel bearings were faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 99,655.

- Clairton, PA, USA

Apr 082020

Traverse

The airbag connector piece under the passenger seat comes apart triggering. Airbag light on. Dealer charges over $100 for a problem that keeps happening. This issue is also listed on every forum so T's a common issue. Wiper fluid doesn't extract clogged nozzles.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Feb 272021

Traverse

After replacing every code thrown at me on my 2012 Traverse, it continues to sit in my driveway un-working. Last time I had it "repaired", while driving home from the mechanic, the check engine light came on, the vehicle started losing power with lights visibly dimming. I pulled off the freeway and pulled over and checked the battery cables. It was working fine. I get back in the vehicle to drive the rest of the way home and the traction control started toggling on and off and a check air back message came up. Just then I started feeling like I was being shocked by my driver seat!!! since the dealership or privateechamics can not figure out what is wrong with it, I had a friend get me all the information on this vehicle. There is zero recalls on my vehicle but I found a recall for the wire harness under the driver and passenger seats and also under the dash, calling to replace and splice those wires. My vehicle has the yellow harness that was recalled buy the dealership says my VIN is not included. It's been 2 yearssince all this has begun and that I have been without a reliable vehicle. (my ex who co-signed but did noy pay for it, refuses to sign the title over). Just save yourself the headache and buy non GM. You would think they would be willing to fix something that is so unsafe to it's customers. Electrical faults, engine faults causing failure while driving full speed (with my daughter in the vehicle), and fuel pressure issues leaving me stranded on multiple occasions which even helped lead to a job loss. This vehicle has put our safety and livelihood in jeopardy one too many times.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 302020

Traverse

While driving on the parkway with my 2 young children the power went into reduce engine mode and the error message stability trek and traction control kept blinking this has happened on 4 occasions now I feel unsafe driving my children. I have gotten it looked at now the 4th time it has cost me over 2 grand so far now my mechanic saying it's my fuel pump and fuel sensor this is costing me another grand. If I could afford another vehicle I would trade this truck in. Very unhappy and scared while driving my 2012 Chevy Traverse ltz

- Bayville, NJ, USA

Oct 052019

Traverse

2012 Chevrolet Traverse with about 38,000 miles owned since purchased new. "service air bag" message and warning light are constantly being displayed on the instrument panel whether the vehicle is parked or in motion. The problem started after getting oil change at the dealer. Dealer now wants $100 just to diagnose.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 282016

Traverse

Airbag light is on. Went in for airbag recall and light is still on. Jerry's Chevrolet said it would cost $300 to fix. Bob bell said the same. Chevrolet offers no assistance either.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 012019

Traverse

One day just starting my car noticed service airbag light came on and never went off. My vehicle has not been in an accident where any airbags were deployed. I have also noticed MINIcomplaints online about the same problem. I also noticed a recall for my model for airbag issues but dealership says my VIN number was not included. My windshield wiper fluid will not disperse as well wiper arm hand was replaced lines were checked and fluid in the reservoir and still no fluid available which affects visibility when anything splashing on the windshield.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Feb 142019

Traverse

When I turn my air on and my speed limit hits 25 miles per hr my car shakes at a neighborhood street and it was really scary on the freeway cause I swerved to the right cause it was shaking so bad. Then when I let go of my gas for 5 seconds to stop the shaking it stalls and I have to push the gas pump at least 3 times to make it drive. It also smells like my gas is leaking and it is worse when I turn left or right. I'm afraid it might catch on fire. My headlights would go off for a couple of days sometimes for a week but would turn on all of a sudden and they are brand new headlights. My airbag light would go off and on every other week. Its just frustrating having this car cause there is always something different on the dash board saying something is wrong with the car.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

May 202019

Traverse

The SRS light indicator on dash board continues to come on/off while driving the vehicle. Sometimes the SRS light stays on for a while and then turns off.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Apr 252019

Traverse

Recently, the service air bag comes on the dash board and flash in the display when I start the engine. It comes on when I'm sitting at the light and while driving. This is random and it haven't done this in the past. I do have a video of me siting at the light and the service air bags pops up.this needs to be handle as soon as possible. As we all know how important it is for airbags.

- Hyattsville, MD, USA

Dec 122018

Traverse

Service air bag light is intermittent as an icon also in text of drivers display. I have only owned this car for four months and have had it to a GM service dealer twice. First trip costed $254.15 for an impact sensor and diagnosis. Two days later lights one again this time tensioner kit was replaced. It's been about four weeks and the lights are back on again. It happens anytime, driving or being started, no rough terrain just cruising and lights will come on.

- Oshkosh, WI, USA

Aug 202018

Traverse

"service air bag" is indicated on the driver information center. This happens, stopped, or while in motion. It comes and goes at no set time.

- Kelseyville, CA, USA

Aug 062017

Traverse

Bought the car a year and half ago and sevice air bag light was on so dealership fixed probleb because its a safety issue the light came back on 4 months later.

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Jun 042018

Traverse

So basically like everyone else is stating all of the sudden when you are driving the light comes on and says traction control off/service strabila trac and the the check engine light comes on and you have reduced engine power. My mechanic has had me drive straight to him every time this happens because if I turn the car off the computer does not hold the codes. He was getting a reading of the ignition coils being bad. We have replaced all six ignition coils about two weeks ago. Today 06/04/18 it did it again. This has been going on for a while and nobody really seems to know what the problem is. I am seriously out of money to keep experimenting with repairs at this point. GM really needs to step up and do a recall. Also these cars had an airbag recall and I took it in and was told they fixed that recall. My airbag light remains on and they tell me I have to replace the airbag at my cost! why? seriously loosing faith in GM products.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Mar 122018

Traverse

My airbag light went on and after 2 service call the dealer determine that I would need a new airbag installed.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Nov 012017

Traverse

"takata recall" went to start my car and the check airbag light went on. I took my car in 3 times and finally the dealer informed me that I needed a new airbag. Since there has been many recalls pertaining to airbags I informed the dealer that it could be a possibility it was part of the recall. The dealer informed me that the year and make of my car was not part of the recall. The cost for the new air bag was over a thousand dollars there was no way that I was going to spend that kind money when there has been so many recalls. I feel since takata went bankrupt I feel that GM should be responsible since they contracted takata an outsource company.

- Lady Lake (The Villages), FL, USA

Nov 012017

Traverse

I do not know if this is a takata problem because I was informed that takata went bankrupt. On November 1, 2017 I took my SUV into george nahas Chevrolet dealer due to my problem. I informed them that my airbag light went on and off. I thought it was an electrical problem because I can reach under my seat and move the wires and the light would go off. They charge me $199.90 for a diag and later informed me that it was a poor connection. I drove the car and a few days later the light went on again. I took my car in again and I thought they fixed it this time but again a few days later the light went on again. Back again to nahas Chevrolet and this time after waiting hours they told me that I needed to replace the airbag and it will cost me $1,037.90. I was not a happy camper. I decided not to pay $1,037.90 because the car was a 2012. I asked the manager to refund my $199.90 because after the first repair it wasn't fix and then after the second attempt I had the same problem. After the 3rd time I met with the service manager, my conversation with him was since nataka went bankrupt no other notifications would be given. In my opinion now Chevy or the dealer now carries the responsibility to repair the airbag problem. I hope you understand my problem and agree with me that the dealer has to fix my problem.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Jan 242017

Traverse

Have only had this vehicle since late January 2017. Within 2 days of having it, the service stabilitrak, service traction control and reduce engine power alarms came up. There was also gas fumes filling my car. Had service completed, all that was found was a fouled out spark plug. Car has had these same alarms come up maybe a dozen times over the past 6 months. The first time these came up, vehicle was idling. Other times. I was driving on the interstate. Have also had the service airbag light come up as well. The middle seatbelt in the center of the car, doesn't come out at all.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Jan 162017

Traverse

Received side impact air bag wiring harness recall number 14030 notice May 2014. Had recall repair performed 15 Aug 14 by dealer where Traverse purchased. At approximately 100,350 miles on 16 Jan 17 "service air bag" light came on and stayed on. I have reported this to Chevrolet customer service who stated that the recall repair was only warranted for 90 days. Amazing that Chevrolet cam get away with this on a critical safety repair on an air bag system. Vehicle is at the same dealer who made repair now, today for diagnosis and repair.

- Centennial, CO, USA

Mar 172014

Traverse

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse. The contact was not experiencing a failure until after the dealer repaired it per NHTSA campaign number: 14V118000 (air bags). Months later, a "service air bag soon" warning indicator illuminated. The dealer was notified of the failure and indicated that the vehicle needed to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was not available.

- Bertrand, NE, USA