9.0

Most common solutions:

2. loose wire to power box (3 reports)
  3. the car has been returned to me and is working so far (3 reports)
  4. they can't fix the problem they don't know what's wrong with (3 reports)
  5. chrysler buying back (2 reports)
  6. oil seeped into the map sensor, shorting out the vehicle (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chrysler dealer.

Oct 132019

200

This is the 2nd time in 3 days that the car has come to a stop and the engine has stalled while driving. I was making a turn after being stopped at a red light and it shut off. Luckily I was able to pull over and get my hazard lights on before any cars came up behind me but I may not be so lucky next time. I will be taking it into the dealership but from what I've been reading, they haven't been much help. I've had my 2015 chrysler 200 for almost 3 years and this just started happening. I can't afford to get a new car or to keep taking this one to the shop for them just to tell me they can't do anything about it. Chrysler needs to step up!!

- Amy H., Middletown, OH, US

Oct 102019

200

This is definitely an issue. This could cause serious injuries if it happens while driving at a high speed. Luckily, I was slowing down to come to a stop sign when it happened. I got the message to put the car in Park and shut it off. I was able to restart it and continue driving. Next time I might not be so lucky.

- Amy H., Middletown, OH, US

Sep 202019

200 LX

The car stopped but eventually restarted. Stopped again a week later in middle of an intersection but would not restart. Towed to a shop that told me it was oil problem. I did not believe him but they changed oil. Picked it up drove 6 miles car would not restart. Went to a different shop and they are checking battery.

- Julie D., Catonsville, US

Aug 202019

200 Limited I2.4

Again, the car simply stalls when decreasing the speed to slow down or stop. This is an ongoing problem and it seems to be common in this make /model. I have my service records up to date and at regular intervals and when recommended. I purchased the car new, with only 6 miles on it when I took ownership. However, no one seems interested in fixing the problem. I will GUARANTEE that I will never purchase a Chrysler again in my life, and I will make it my mission to deter anyone that I have any concern about to never purchase this piece of sh*t either.

- PJ W., Atlanta, GA, US

Jul 152019

200

If you enjoy putting your life at risk every time you get behind the wheel...then this is DEFINITELY the car for you!!!!! This car is a serious hazard to not only the driver, but to other drivers on the road. I have had nothing but issues with this car since I got it. I got this car brand new, off the lot, zero miles. It was a great car initially, no issues.

About 4-5 months in, I was driving on the Highway going about 65-70mph and the car just completely shut off in the middle of me driving. The dealership acted as if they had never heard of this issue before when it was towed in. They came back and told me I needed a new alternator(mind you, this is a brand new car). Once I got it back it was cool for a few months. Again, it began to shut off completely as I'm driving. It has been "serviced" at the dealership multiple times, where they come back and say that they can't figure out what the issue is. They made me think and feel like I was the ONLY person coming in with this complaint, as if they had no other customers complaining about this issue.

Just yesterday I was ON TOP of a toll bridge in the middle of evening rush hour traffic, and it cut off!!!! SMH. I had to get a tow off of the bridge but I was in a panic JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME, praying that the car behind me doesn't slam into me. This car is a serious death trap. It is so dangerous. I come online to see hundreds of complaints JUST LIKE MINE!!!

We transport our families in this car daily and it is truly a safety risk to be on the road. You just NEVER know when it will shut off in the middle of you driving. There are no warning signs giving you time to exit to safety. It just shuts off out of no where!!!! Chrysler needs to recall all of these vehicles, buy them back something.

I tried to trade this car in this past Feb. and was unsuccessful because of the negative equity. But the sales man told me straight out, no one wants to buy these cars off of you because the car is a piece of sh*t, Chrysler doesn't even make them anymore. And I couldn't have agreed with him more. I feel like I'm putting my life at risk every time I get behind the wheel.

- savannahd, Texas, US

Jul 022019

200

Very scary. Car just shuts down while driving with my children.

- vtr1968, Richmond, VA, US

Jun 122019

200 Limited 2.4L

No one has an answer why the car shuts off in traffic!!!!! Chrysler needs to buy back 2015 200's!!! What makes matters worse is my daughter has the same identical car !!!!!!

- LuWanna S., Commerce, GA, US

May 242019

200 S 2.4L

I was heading to my brothers after a job interview and I was at a stop light and my 2015 Chrysler 200 shut off and turned back on twice. I was able to pulled over into a near by parking lot (thinking my oil is low because this car is known to shut off when you have low oil, but come to find out it wasn't).

An hour later after all that I go to leave my brothers and I pull out of the parking space and my car completely shut off on me as I was in reverse everything locked up and I couldn't start it for about 30 seconds to a minute. I finally was able to move it and parked somewhere off to the side of the parking lot and left it running to see what would happen and it completely shut off again. I had to call my fiancé to come help me figure out what the hell is happening and he couldn't figure it out.

So I called a Chrysler Dealership near me and described everything that was happening to my car to the shop worker and at first he didn't know what was going on and then he told me my alternator might be going out (I've had pass experiences with an alternator going out and this was no where near that) I tried to drive it to the shop, but couldn't so I had to have my car towed there. The guy towing my car asked what was going on and my fiancé explained everything and I told him what the shop guy said and he agreed with me and said he doesn't believe this is alternator issue.

So now I'm over here playing the guessing game trying to figure out what's going on with my car because all this had to happen on a holiday weekend and the dealership is closed.

- Katelynn J., Midland, US

May 202019

200 Limited 2.4L

This piece of sh*t vehicle has stalled out and shut down on me, I stall out and can't get the car started and I'm in the middle of traffic! This is atrocious! This has happened to me 25 times, several times with my children in the car! Monday May 20, 2019 this piece of sh*t car started to stall while I was driving on the freeway at 70 plus mph. The car started putting, jerking, and losing power. My speed dropped, my heart was beating out of control the vehicle would not accelerate. I had to immediately put my emergency flashers lights on praying the car behind me don't slam into to me. I was able to merge over in the slower lane. I tried to accelerate, but the vehicle wouldn't go. My speed kept dropping I gave it one last push, and the vehicle speed increased. However, my five year old daughter was in the back seat. I was scared out of my mind.

I just want Chrysler to know that they really need to buy back and burn all these dangerous vehicles (Chrysler 200). I'm driving and paying for a vehicle that will kill me and my family and whomever else. I don't want any tragic accidents to occur with this very real issue concerning this vehicle. I had twelve close calls with this vehicle, I'm over it! Chrysler needs to act fast before someone dies. This vehicle sucks!!!!

- Tanika E., Hartwell, US

May 022019

200

This has happened to me 5 times, once with my child in the car! I stall out and can't get the car started and I'm in the middle of traffic! This is atrocious!

- mcoffenberry, Sutter Creek, US

Apr 212019

200 2.4L

This piece of sh*t vehicle has stalled out and shut down on me a total of 4 times. Sunday April 21, 2018 this piece of sh*t car started to stall while I was driving on the freeway at 70 plus mph. The car started putting, jerking, and losing power. My speed dropped, my heart was beating out of control the vehicle would not accelerate. I had to immediately put my emergency flashers lights on praying the car behind me don't slam into to me. I was able to merge over in the slower lane. I tried to accelerate, but the vehicle wouldn't go my speed kept dropping I gave it one last push, and the vehicle speed increased. However, my five year old daughter was in the back seat. I was scared out my mind.

I just want Chrysler to know that they really need to buy back and burn all these dangerous vehicles (Chrysler 200). I'm driving and paying for a vehicle that will kill me and my family and whom ever else. I don't want any tragic accidents to occur with this very real issue concerning this vehicle. I had four close calls with this vehicle, I'm over it! Chrysler needs to act fast before someone dies. This vehicle sucks!!!!

- Latrice J., Detroit, US

Apr 282019

200

This was the instance of the stall with my son in the car. I came to the bottom of a hill and proceeded to turn right in to traffic and it stalled, leaving me stranded. I couldn't turn off of the road or move anywhere safe. This is a HUGE hazard! HUGE! It took several minutes of panic before it would start.

- mcoffenberry, Sutter Creek, US

Mar 012019

200 Limited V4

Service Airbag System light came on. The next day, my engine start to shut off during operation. This happened every time I used the car. This lasted for a week. I looked online and found previous owners stating to check the airbag wiring underneath the seats. So I did a check of my wiring. Started up the car and the airbag service light was no longer visible. I drove my car and it no longer stops during operation. Someone needs to look into this issue before it is tragic. An airbag service light should not stop the engine operation of a vehicle. The Chrysler dealership did not seam to care very much as they just said schedule an appointment. The appointment was a couple weeks out......

- Kimberly J., San Jose, CA, US

Jan 022017

200 C 6

I can be driving and the car just cut off. A red warning sign shows up on the dash and I have to pull over and restarted the car. I thought this was because the seat belt light was on for a long time. The seat belt keeps coming loose from the plug under the seat.

- Alfreda H., Oxford, US

Oct 232018

200 Limited 2.4L

Engine stalls when I start her up. Terrible car I would never buy another Chrysler in my life.

- Ricardo R., Kenosha, WI, US

Oct 112018

200

This doesn't make no damn sense... my car has stalled while driving about 4 times since I've had it. Dealership can't do sh*t because no codes come up, it was updated last yr due to a recall. Someone is going to end up killed over this of course Chrysler doesn't want to do anything about it. I spoke to someone over chat and she says it needs to be diagnosed first. Well everyone knows that if no code pops up then it can't be, all of a sudden the chat ended. I left a tweet on their page next I'll be calling corporate tomorrow once again about this issue. I've never had this issue with my Taurus or Sable. They're very careless with people's lives and don't give a damn.

- Cheryl P., Port Huron, US

Sep 072018

200 2.4L

I have 2015 Chrysler 200 with 58k miles. When I press the gas pedal to accelerate the car stutters then shut off, then a couples days later it wouldn't start up.

- TOTAL YOU INTEGRATIVE M., Clinton, MD, US

Jun 022018

200

Purchase the 2015 new. I have had 3 recalls now the engine has failed. Car stalls out, transmission slips..

I think I was sold a lemon form the beginning. The car will be 3 years old in September of this year. How is that possible I need a new engine. Transmission was reset so that what the service department reported with other recalls. Really Chrysler. Car still was slipping after transmission was reset.

- Debra R., Baytown, US

Dec 242017

200 Limited 4.2L

click to see larger images

engine stalls/shuts off while driving engine stalls/shuts off while driving

Car will automatically put itself into neutral and shut itself off. Once car is turned off and your driving you have very little ability to turn steering wheel because it sticks, both feet required on the brake in order to stop the car ( had a car been in front of me any of the times this occurred it would have been an accident) . Once you get the car stopped screen says to put the car in park put foot on brake and restart car. Which all of this makes no sense because if your in drive in one of these you know you can't turn the car off unless your already in park. So how this happens by itself and into neutral is beyond me.

Took car into dealership on Jan 2nd 7 am 2018( soonest appt available due to holiday) not offered a car to get me home or to work only offered a shuttle). At 3 pm I was called and informed dealer could not reproduce this issue that had now happened multiple times in the past month.The car is not coding this and I couldn't reproduce this issue if I wanted as there is no rhyme or reason when this happens. I picked the car up by 4 pm and of course on my way home it did it to me on a main and busy road. Finally got car restarted and got home called the dealer and they said if it doesn't code and they can't make the car do it it can't be fixed. It happened again this week (Jan 11th). This time with both of my kids in the car, was able to drift it out of traffic behind me with hazard lights on after four tries it finally restarted. Called a different Chrysler dealership have another appt on Wed Jan 17 2018.

- Charlene M., Newark, US

Nov 302017

200 Limited 3.2L

Hello everyone,

Recently, I was driving in my 2015 Chrysler 200 and while in a busy intersection, the car stalled. There were no warning lights, or nothing gave me evidence of what was causing the car to stall. After the car stalled two more times within a two-week period, I finally took my car to Jim Marsh Chrysler Dealership, located in the Centennial Hills area of Las Vegas. The Service Advisor named Vegas gave me the most bizarre initial diagnoses. After lifting the hood of the care, he said that there is evidence a rodent’s tracks. He then said rodents might have chewed up the wires because the wires are sweet in tasting. Later, he gave me a diagnosis that my Transmission Wiring Harness was rubbing against the transmission casing, causing it to wear. Mr. Vegas went on to say that this problem was not covered under my extended warranty or Chrysler’s Powertrain Warranty. He then said it would cost me $1000 to fix it, $150 for parts and $850 for the labor. I explained to Mr. Vegas that there was a recall on this very problem. He said, “the recall did not affect your vehicle.” I then said to him, “it’s the same vehicle with the same problem that is in in the recall.” I then ask him can the repairs be coved under Chrysler’s Powertrain Warranty? He said, “no.” After asking several times for Mr. Vegas to give the diagnoses and charges in writing, I contacted Fiat/Chrysler (FCA) and is waiting for their decision on this issue.

I will update you soon.