8.8

Most common solutions:

Feb 052020

Fusion SEL 2.5L

My daughter was driving her 2010 Ford Fusion to school (Wayne State University, Detroit) and had exited the freeway when the power steering went out. Almost caused an accident when trying to make a turn. The dash indicator read: (Power Steering Assist Fault). She managed to park the car and promptly called me for help. My wife and I drove 2 vehicles to her location, left one with her and I drove her Fusion back home.

After doing some research, I discovered that this is a known problem, but to my disappointment found that Ford had only recalled 2011 and 2012 Models.

How can you not recall the 2010's when they are having the same problem and same safety issue. My daughter does not have the $2,000.00 to repair it and cannot drive it safely.

My last 5 vehicles were F-150's and my son has a Fusion. I would hope that Ford would acknowledge the problem and recall like it did the 2011 & 2012's...or maybe I should reconsider our loyalty!

- Don K., Clinton Township, MI, US

Nov 132019

Fusion 3.2L

I'm not a rich person, I have rheumatoid arthritis...and there's no way I can drive this car without power steering. I live on a fixed income,and I cant afford to fix it....if they're having...so many problems with the steering why do they not have a recall on it? Luckily I wasn't going down the highway when this happened...or it might have been a different story.....the light would come on every so often so I would turn it off and recrank it and it would go off.....now it says power steering assist default...????…. and wont go off...….. I called the part store and its around 650.00 just for the part......then I will have to have it fixed and then reprogrammed after that...and that ends up to a lot of dollars...that I don't have.

- pmcneal, Altoona, US

Aug 292019

Fusion SE

click to see larger images

power steering assist fault

Just feel tired and want to get rid off the car and never buy Ford car again.

- Huy T., Jefferson City, MO, US

Jul 022019

Fusion SEL 2.5L 4

THE POWER ASSIST STEERING IS NO LONGER WORKING. AS NEER AS I CAN SEE IT WAS A REALLY BAD DESIGN. THE BRAIN OF THE UNIT WAS INSTALL NEXT TO THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER. THUS IT WAS EXPOSED TO EXCESSIVE HEAT. I WANT TO KNOW WHY FORD RECALLED THE 2011 FUSION WHICH IS THE EXACT UNIT THAT IS IN THE 2010. MY WIFE DRIVES THIS CAR AND COULD HARDLY STEER THE CAR BECAUSE OF THE STEERING ASSIST FAULT. SHE CAME CLOSE TO CRASHING THE CAR AND WAS UPSET FOR DAYS. FORD YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO PUT THIS PIECE OF CRAP IN ANY CAR WITH THIS DESIGN. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? THAT HEAT SHIELD DOES NOTHING TO PREVENT THIS STEERING UNIT FROM FAILURE.

- Steve S., Wichita, KS, US

Aug 292019

Fusion

What the hell is Ford waiting for? Does there have to be a death before they recall the 2010 Ford Fusion? The steering stops in the middle of the freeway and almost caused an accident. I will recommend family and friends do not buy a Ford of any kind. Ford does not take care of their mistakes. My sister always buys Chevrolet and Kia and has never ever had a problem that the company did not fix. I can not believe how many people have complained about the steering on the 2010 Ford Fusion and the company has done NOTHING. Please fix the problem before someone dies from it.

- jodiecaputo, Salt Lake City, US

Jul 282019

Fusion ES 3.2L

Tell me how to get Ford to fix it? I want Ford to fix this. The recall should have started with my year.

- Brenda M., Lancaster, US

Jul 202019

Fusion LX 3.0L

This is my college bound son's car. Just had ac fixed at $400.00 for a $30.00 part. Bullshit. Now the power steering is out and he can't drive it! The fix sounds like it is going to be $1400.00. F*ck Ford, their stuff is sh*t. No wonder people are buying foreign cars. I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra with 237,000 miles on it and have had less problems in 19 years with it than I have had with this f*cking Ford and have had it only 2 months. What a bunch of bullshit! Shame on you Ford, you suck!!!!!!

- ratboyzgarage, Amherst, OH, US

May 152019

Fusion SEL 3.0L V6

Turning vehicle into highway with 3 toddlers in back seat and the car stops. I panicked looking at the girls so started car which was ok then the power steering locks. I'm a 65 yr old woman on Social Security, how do I pay for this fix and I take my grand kids to and from school. This is a danger that Ford has seen complaints on and turns the other way.

- Frances S., Carlsbad, US