9.0

$680

Most common solutions:

2. send back to factory (2 reports)
  3. jeep ran out of oil. oil was replaced and it started (1 reports)
  4. replace air handler (1 reports)
  5. replaced the intelligent power distribution unit (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

Oct 012015

Cherokee Trail Hawk 3.2L

I really my my Trail Hawk but it does have one major problem. I will shut down all electronics engine will die and then 5 -10 seconds later it starts back up on its own. It seems to do when ever it wants driving at any speed 25 mph to 65 mph. I have starting to documenting every time it shuts down sometime it can go 200 miles without shutting other time it will do it twice in one day. Its been in the dealer 3 times and they never find the problem.

Scott

- scottrca, San Jose, CA, US

Feb 232016

Cherokee Grand V6

We bought this 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee on 12/27/15. In 4 weeks 269 miles, the vehicle was in the shop due to, stalling engine, hard to start...jumping out of gear, hard shifts, vehicle jumping. Suppose fix.

Symptoms returned, I contacted Jeep corporate for help, the dealership was giving me problems. He kept telling me not to take it back till he could talk to them.

Now dash goes black, running lights work when they want. Air conditioner either works, don't work, or blows warm air. The vehicle don't shift. Hard shifts, jumps out of gear.

The stalling and hard to stops very frequent, when vehicle slows in traffic will stall, hesitates to start. When you stop at a stop sign or traffic light, stalls hesitates to start.

on 4/4/16 died at stop sign never started again. Was towed to local dealer. Still there.

This was a very expensive vehicle that was bought for reliability. I am disabled, I cannot be left stranded just as I was. The vehicle is dangerous to drive, sounds like the engine will blow up when it wont shift.

- Rose W., Citrus Heights, CA, US

Feb 062016

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off again while I was on my way to get my hair cut and it shut off just as I pulled into the parking lot.

Feb 142016

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off on me again just a few hrs ago for no reason and I was able to capture video safely as I rolled to a stop down a side road I was able to turn off on to get out of the way of traffic. This has become more and more of a risk to my life every time I get in it and I don't feel safe in it anymore.

Jan 122016

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off again just after getting out of the McDonald's parking lot and heading home.

Nov 162015

engine stalls/shuts down while driving

Once again my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off while on my way to get coffee and almost was in another accident while trying to get onto the shoulder.

Oct 292015

engine stalls/shuts down while driving

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off again after I just got it back from the dealer. I was no more than 5 min from the Jeep Dealer and it shut off on me again and I almost was rear ended as I tried to get over and roll to a stop. I took it right back into the dealer to let them know it had just happened. The gave me a number to call which was to there resolution team which provided little to no help.

Oct 252015

engine stalls/shuts down while driving

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off on me again with the auto on/off switch engaged. The dashboard picture I took shows that I have to shift into park and then into the desired gear once I came to a stop even though I was in driving going down the road. Took the vehicle to the dealer again on 26OCT15 and once again they were unable to duplicate.

Sep 202015

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

I just bought my brand new 2015 Jeep Cherokee on 17SEP15 and just a few days after I noticed that it would shut off while driving or while in park. I have the auto on/off switch engaged to where it would not turn the engine off when I come to a stop at a red light or stop sign. I took my jeep back into the dealer to have repaired on the issue and was not able to duplicate.

Dec 262015

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off while I was on my home from work going down the 60 freeway and took video of it while I was on the shoulder and was still in motion. Had it towed into the dealer which I bought it from and just happened to be two exits away from and they kept it for a week and got it back from them again with them saying the couldn't figure it out.

Feb 072016

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off again and took it to the dealer on 08DEC15 and they once again were unable to duplicate. I am certain I have a lemon since I have had this issue more times than I can count and the problem has not been fixed.

Jan 072016

Cherokee Latitude 3.2L V6

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude shut off again while I was in line to get coffee and then on my way to work.

Jan 032016

Cherokee

2015 Jeep Cherokee with 4K miles and 7 months old- stalled out while driving, lost all control over brakes, gas and steering. No warning at all. Having it towed to dealership but from what I have read from others, they can't seem to find a problem. Total death trap and sitting duck on the road. Scared to drive it anymore.

- Kimberlyn G., Charlotte, NC, US

Sep 232015

Cherokee SPORT1C 4.2L

I purchased my 2015 Jeep Cherokee in November 2014 with 558 miles on it. I was excited I finally owned a new vehicle. My sales person was calling me and even coming to my work. I purchase my Jeep from Tate's Auto in Gallup, NM. At only 1,200 miles engine light came on for 3 days, called dealership was told take in to get it service. Ok so I did then at around 5,000 engine light came on again and on off the light would come and go away. Transmission would also be acting up took Jeep in to get it checked plus I received 2 recall notifications so got that fix. so I was told.

Then on September 23, 2015 leaving for work at 5am, my Jeep started fine and about 1/8th of a mile my engine stop with lights on radio still working and I was on train tracks and it rolled down about 30 yards from the tracks. With a few attempts it started and put in drive it stalled out, I did that 3 times. My Jeep was towed to dealership and took them 2 days to diagnosed the problem. I was told I had bad fuel in my tank.

Went to the station where I purchase gas and the owner told me no it can't be out fuel cause they sold almost 4,000 gallons of fuel that day and no one has come to complain of having vehicle problems. So I told dealership to give me a sample of the fuel, took to refinery and fuel was good, no water or particulants are in there.

Warranty is not gonna cover it because its my fault that I put in bad fuel, which the fuel was good. The technician and service manager said they did visual testing of the fuel and compare to some bad fuel they saved and compared to it. And now I'm stuck with this $1,300 bill which I am not going to pay. Is there someone out there had the same problem and what was your diagnosis? I believe it wasn't bad fuel it was something else, either transmission or something electrical..

- Sheryle B., Gallup, NM, US

Jul 262015

Cherokee Limited 2.5L V4

The same exact situation as when the transmission blew at 1800 miles. While trying to get home, about 3 miles, after the battery light and check engine light came on, I turned the corner and applied the gas to go up hill, the car shook violently for 3 seconds, and every system died. There was nothing, no steering, no brakes, no lights, no door unlock, no parking brake, no nothing. The car was totally dead sitting in the middle of the road on a blind turn.

I went to the apex of the turn, and tried to direct traffic around me and the Jeep. Called road side assistance, and for the third time in 5 months road in the truck back to the dealer. Life in danger for the fourth time, and still trying to get satisfaction from the dealer. I WANT MY MONEY BACK THIS CAR IS WORSE THAN A LEMON.

DO NOT BUY ANY CHRYSLER PRODUCT. THEY CLAIM TO HAVE THE "BEST WARRANTY IN THE BUSINESS", BUT IT IS THE WORST PERFORMING PRODUCT IN THE MARKET.

- Paul C., Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico

Aug 092015

Cherokee Limited 3.2L V6 24-valve Vvt

My 2015 Jeep Cherokee stalled while at traffic light (prior to stalling while in motion same day - see separate incident). Battery light illuminated. Car still had full power: A/C, radio, dash lights all remained on. But car would not respond when I pressed gas pedal. Placed car in park. Took six attempts to get the car started. Dealer went over the entire car and opened a STAR case but so far, no answers.

- Pat L., Wallingford, CT, US

Jul 262015

Cherokee Limited Idk

BRAND NEW CAR, ENGINE KEEPS SKIPPING AT TAKE OFF AND AT STOPPING. ITS LIKE ITS STRUGGLING TO MOVE, PRESSING THE GAS AND IT MAKES A SOUND BUT DOESN'T ACCELERATE. IT JERKS AT STOP AND JERKS WHEN TRYING TO TAKE OFF THIS HAPPENS DAILY. EVEN HAPPENED DURING TEST DRIVE AND I WAS TOLD IT WAS DUE TO THE CAR BEING BRAND NEW, AND NOT BEING WARMED UP. YESTERDAY WHILE ON 285 IT DID IT AGAIN, THIS TIME I WAS ALREADY GOING ABOUT 60 WHEN IT STARTED TO SLOW, AND PRESSING THE GAS DID NOTHING, AFTER ABOUT 15 SECONDS IT STARTED TO PICK BACK UP. SCARY!!

- Carlon H., Winston, GA, US

Apr 102015

Cherokee Sport 4.2L

I received a letter from Matt Liddane a couple of days after taking my new 2015 Jeep Cherokee Sport into the dealership for a software update. Imagine my surprise when the tech comes out and says, "I am so sorry, but your baby is sick and is unsafe for you to drive. We may have to replace the engine." You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I have never experienced something like this before, and believe me, I have purchased many new vehicles in my lifetime. I used to buy a new car whenever I needed new tires, so I have bought a few. After talking to several people, the head of the service department comes out and tells me the motor in that model has had quite a few recalls and my vehicle's VIN number was one of the affected models. What I want to know is why a dealership - knowing that a model has had problems would put a vehicle on their line and sell it without testing it first? Good business sense and a PROACTIVE customer relations department would dictate doing so.

In addition to the engine problem, when I got the Jeep home I found that the front bumper has a dent. The dealership agrees that it came from the factory damaged as there is no cracked paint, scuffs or scratches anywhere near the dent. This still has not been resolved. After eleven days at the dealership, my Jeep is back with me. The main problem now is I don't think I will ever trust the car. I will always have in the back of my mind that it might explode and kill me and whoever may be with me at the time. I have fought hard to survive cancer and I would hate to go out with a bang because of a faulty engine. I have made one payment and cringe at the thought that I am stuck with a product I cannot trust.

So Matt, you want to know if there is any reason I would not purchase this vehicle again or recommend it to my friends. I would NOT. How will you fix my trust, how will you fix my defective bumper and how will you fix my peace of mind?

- Linda G., Jacksonville, FL, US

Jan 132015

Cherokee Trailhawk V6

Battery power save light, transmission lights came on, lost radio volume, lost power steering, emergency brake came on while driving, lost lights in the dark on dashboard. Car completely died in the middle of the road. Took 3 hours for road side assistance to come with -13f! Car at garage, they can't figure out what's wrong with car, field rep coming in Tuesday .

- Nancy P., Barre, VT, US