Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Nov 132021

Grand Cherokee

The problem first occurred with check engine light coming on early November 2021 and 59,000 miles approximate. It was a code indicating misfire of cylinder #2. The gasket, fuse and coil were replaced on that cylinder on November 13th 2021. The misfire code reoccurred after replacement of all pieces named above. I am now in the position of finding out that my car engine (Pentastar 3.6L v6) was one that have been identified of such failure resulting in engine needing replacement. I have just gone over 70,000 miles and and now being told that I need an engine replacement. I believe that Jeep should be responsible to repair this issue or replace my engine as I was never informed that this problem existed until my engine has started to fail.

- Yonkers , NY, USA

Feb 242022

Grand Cherokee

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Engine replaced in Oct/Nov 2017 with new engine at approved dealership. Engine failed in Feb 2022. For 3-5 weeks, car would turn off when I was a stop light and I would I have to turn restart the car to drive. One day the engine died while driving at regular speed (e.g. ~30 mph). The car stopped in the middle of road, power was lost, and it never restarted again. I towed the car to the dealership. No cause of failure was provided. After checking the engine, they were unable to get it working and recommended a full replacement at an estimated cost of $14k. I had no warranty on the car and unable to afford to replacement. No trade-in value was offered.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 252020

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated while driving approximately 45 MPH, the vehicle stalled. There were no warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to several independent mechanics who was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The contact stated that the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 197,000.

- Ada, MI, USA

Sep 152021

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that on multiple occasions the vehicle would not start while pressing the START/STOP button. The contact indicated that the failure was corrected while tapping the TIPM and then pressing the START button. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure and no issues were found. The contact indicated that on several occasions the vehicle stalled without warning. On one occasion the vehicle lost motive power while entering an intersection. The cause of the failure was not yet determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 104,941.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 162022

Grand Cherokee

When you turn a corner the engine shuts off. All the electronics still work (like radio, and lights) but you have no power stearing it is manual. You have to coast to the side of the road and put the truck in park and restart it. This has been recalled and fixed a few times and it is still happening and Jeep will not do anything to fix the problem. They want to duplicate the issue but you can not. This happens whenever it wants to - there is no rhyme or reason why it happens and you cannot duplicate it. I've taken notes every time it happens, (gas gage at where, weather, time of day, where I was going, how long I drove the truck) nothing matters, it just happens when it happens. So far now it is happening at least 1 time a month since December 2021. And I have called Jeep every time and reported the incident. I have a case number but they will not fix it or send out a new recall.

Nov 082021

Grand Cherokee

my vehicle keeps shutting off when I make a turn - I lose all power - I have no warning at all that this is about to happen - the radio and headlights stay on (no steering at all so I have to struggle to turn the wheel since I am in a turn when this happens) and I have to coast over to the shoulder to put the vehicle in park and start it up again. This truck has been recalled for this problem several times already and repaired several times already and it just keeps happening. I am going to get in a car accident one of these times. It is the Pump relay that is not working.

Jan 012000

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the check engine warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the contact was informed there was a manufacturer-s engine cylinder defect. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer, but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure however, no further assistance was provided. The approximate failure mileage was 136,000.

- Astoria, NE, USA

Sep 012021

Grand Cherokee

While driving the vehicle it will with no indication shut off and stop running. Its very scary and dangerous. I have taken it to the dealership and they told me the car is just old and have pressured me to buy a new car.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Sep 272021

Grand Cherokee

I contacted Keffer Jeep Chrysler in Charlotte, NC when I received the recall notice. This dealer ship has a poor service department and they almost never answer calls but use the voice recorder for messages. I left two messages regarding the recall but never received a return call. Today I tried again and got the voice mail again, so called through the manager's line and finally spoke to someone in service. At first they were very helpful, but when I mentioned the recall it changed and I was informed that it would be more than two months before they could arrange to make the recall repairs (the end of November). I have encountered this before where dealers do not feel that they are properly compensated for recall work and thus try to shift off to another dealer through delays. I am now going to find another dealer, but felt that the impact of the NTSB recall safety measures is being impaired by the conduct of Keffer. The recall is very clear that this defect is dangerous and thus I have not used my Jeep Cherokee pending getting the recall addressed. Thank you for your help in curing this problem for the public at large.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Sep 202021

Grand Cherokee

As I am about to turn right my vehicle completely shuts off and I lose power steering, etc. Brakes work enough to stop thankfully, but vehicle is completely off almost causing a crash. I am able to start my 2011 Jeep GC right back up and go on with the engine light on. The light then shut off as I am driving. After reading multiple cases of this same issue it is apparent something needs done and a resolution needs issued. This is an extreme safety issue and needs addressed now before injury or death occurs. I love Jeep but I do not think I will be able to get another (after having 3+) if this does not get addressed. Get this fixed and addressed now.

- Easton, KS, USA

Aug 152021

Grand Cherokee

jeep has a huge stalling issue while driving down the road- stalled on me over 7 times while owning it in the last 4 months and a i handful of near misses since i lose all my steering and brakes when it stalls.. huge huge issue that needs to be fixed immediately

- Canon City , CO, USA

Aug 142021

Grand Cherokee

My 2011 jeep grand Cherokee has a stalling problem when i am driving down the road and it locks up my steering and brakes and is very dangerous and i can not find the fix and it already has the external fuel pump relay recall and it still dies and my dealership in town doesn-t know what to do either and i-m still on the hook 9k for the jeep

- Canon City, CO, USA

Aug 142021

- Canon City, CO, USA

Jul 282021

Grand Cherokee

In March 2021 my wife-s 2011Jeep Grand Cherokee was at Naples Chrysler-Jeep for a stalling problem where while driving, the car-s engine would stop while moving in traffic. Power steering and brakes lost power thereby making it nearly impossible to steer or stop without coasting to the side of the road. There was no warning from the vehicle that there was a problem. Once the car coasted to a stop, my wife was able to put the car in park and restart the car. This happened 4 or 5 times before taking it in for maintenance. After 2 weeks looking for a problem, they replaced a fuel pump relay in the TIPM. Again, in late July the car repeated the stall while driving 2 times. The car is currently at Naples Chrysler Jeep where techs are trying to duplicate the problem with no success. No codes came up during computer testing. We are reluctant to drive the vehicle if the technicians can-t locate and fix the problem before returning the car to us. Because of the sudden nature of the stall, we fear we could crash causing serious injury or death.

- Naples, FL, USA