6.7

Most common solutions:

2. replace engine (1 reports)
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Kia dealer.

Oct 022019

Sorento LX 2.4L 4cly

oil is leaking from pan gasket and all over the engine is wet in oil. my driveway is all in oil and slippery.

- narendsingh, Redwood City, US

Sep 012016

Sorento LX

Engine recalled and replaced by dealership with the permission of Kia in California. The problem is they don't want to give me a new warranty with the new engine. They are trying to apply the old warranty to the new engine. The car has been returned twice once for the horn not working. Then the second time the MIL came one. I was asked if I put gas in the car and then the light came on. I stated, the light was on when I put gas in the . The dealer is trying to say the car was on when pumping gas or I didn't tighten the gas cap. Neither is true. I started my car the the MIL came BEFORE I WENT TO THE GAS STATION. I WANT A NEW WARRANTY FOR A NEW ENGINE.

- msbrownchocolate, Brockton, MA, US

Oct 062016

Sorento LK

My 2014 SORENTO LX FWD AUTO, was driving just fine, until a few days ago. I was at a complete stop (coming off a side road onto a HWY 7 which has a speed limit of 70 MPH), when I accelerated to make my turn onto the HWY my engine started to make the strange grinding/knocking noise and was slow to accelerate. I let off the gas and was going to pull to the side of the road, noise stopped. So I proceeded to accelerate again and no noise but it seemed slow to shift. I continued to drive home, car was fine no noise no smell no sign of any issue no engine lights. Got home, shut off car. A few hours later start car to go to work and smoke starts billowing out of tailpipe. Get out of car to see what it was, no more smoke. Drove to work, no issues. Mentioned problem to husband. We cannot take our car to the KIA dealership in town as my husband is military and this dealership is blacklisted to all military members and family members. I just had a tune-up done last month with an oil change and transmission check, no issues were noted on my service by a local chevy dealership (again we are unable to take it to a KIA dealership due to blacklisting my military). I am concerned that this is the same engine issue that has cause engine failure. I am concerned that due to our being unable to take to it to a KIA dealership for maintenance that KIA will refuse to do anything as I have seen from the complaints.

- Jennifer S., Marlow, OK, US