Jul 202013

Escape 6-cyl

Vehicle died and check engine light came on. We ran the diagnostic and it indicated the fuel actuator was getting stuck. According to the Ford dealer, the throttle body needs to be replaced. It appears that many other owners of this vehicle have also had to have the throttle body replaced.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 272013

Escape 6-cyl

I was just pulling away from a drive thru window when the "wrench" light came on, and the truck stopped moving forward as if it had been shifted into neutral, which it hadn't been. I turned off the vehicle and waited a few moments and restarted it and it was running fine, with no further lights being illuminated on the dash. This same problem happened again approx 3 weeks later, although this time I was going approx. 20 mph, having just accelerated from a stop sign. The wrench light came on, but this time the engine light also came on, and then the truck lost power. I turned the engine off, waited a few moments and restarted it. This time, however, the engine light did not go off, so I took it to an auto parts store to read the computer. They found diagnostic code P2111, throttle body stuck open. After a few hours of sitting in my parking lot at work, when I started the vehicle there were no lights illuminated on the dash, and per the dealer's service department, the computer had reset itself.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Jul 202013

Escape 6-cyl

Driving on highway at about 65 mph. Driving for about 30 min. When vehicle started to stutter and slow down. Pushing the accelerator and no response -RPM and speed dropping quickly. Almost run over by other vehicles on highway. Wrench light came on the dash panel. Car was pulled over to side of road and barely going at 900 RPM and ~ 2 mph. Needed to ha E car towed. This is a very dangerous issue that needs to be fixed immediately!

- Hockessin, DE, USA

Jul 042013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving at various speeds, conditions, the wrench warning light appears and the car becomes limp and non responsive. Engine was running hard. Had to turn off vehicle and restart (which was difficult). This occurred again within minutes, this time with the check engine light coming on. Went directly to repair shop and had it checked. Was told that error code P2111 was being shown. The throttle body was cleaned and the gas pedal assembly was replaced. The next day, the same problems continued. I am scared to drive this car, especially with my children in it as I am worried it will die while pulling out in traffic or that someone will rear end us.

- Granger, IN, USA

Jul 132013

Escape 6-cyl

While driving the car lost speed and rpms. Car would not accelerate. It ran at an idle. Dealership said throttle body needed to be replaced. The part has need on back order for some time.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jun 292013

Escape

We were driving around a corner and all of a sudden the wrench light came on and the gas pedal would no longer work. No other lights came on, just the wrench light. I was able to pull off the road, fortunately, as the steering still worked. I turned the car off, restarted, and it ran fine the rest of the way home. Since that occurrence, I have had the engine die multiple times. This generally happens when I have pulled up to a red light signal. The car dies, and it is always right before the light turns green! you have to quickly put it in park, restart the engine, and then it runs fine. When it dies, the throttle will not function at all as it goes right to the floor. Since the first occurrence, it died while my wife was driving the vehicle also. Same scenario as mentioned above and also when stopped, the car throttle kind of surges, almost as if the car is going to die. When you apply gas, it jumps forward. I took it into the Ford dealer and after multiple visits they have determined that the throttle body needs to be replaced. I have a code reader and the code was P2111 and P2112 (error throttle actuator stuck). They first charged me for "cleaning" the throttle body assembly. Said I must have blown dust in it! also told me my 6-speed transmission has shift issues on hard acceleration....probably caused by them. Talked to parts dept and throttle body quote $200.83, when service advisor asked if I wanted them to replace it he quoted $240.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Jul 102013

Escape

Car surged then stalled on interstate 65mph. 2nd time at 40mph on county hwy. Throttle body bad-part on national backorder 2 week delay.

- Ofallon, MO, USA

Jul 072013

Escape

While driving up a hill, I let my foot off the gas and when I tried to press gas, my engine stalled and died. When hooked up to diagnostic to see why my SUV keeps dying when idle, the code was "P2112" throttle actuator control system stuck closed.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Jul 032013

Escape 6-cyl

Car has throttle body issues which is now common - where is the recall?

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 092013

Escape

Vehicle "jerked" and lost all throttle. Open ended wrench light came on in the instrument cluster. Luckily was able to coast into small service center who scanned the computer and it had the faulty P2111 code (throttle actuator control system stuck open). Code was cleared and car restarted. Died another 6 times on the way home, each time restarting after turning the key off. I see that this is currently under investigation and wanted to bring yet another instance to your attention. If this would of happened on the interstate or a large left hand turn lane during rush hour it wouldn't have been pretty.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Jul 072013

Escape

While driving, the vehicle stopped accelerating, the check engine light came on and car began to idle. I turned it off and back on five minutes later and it accelerated for 1/4 of a mile before doing the same thing again. I turned it off and back on and drove it straight to my mechanic. After running diagnostics it was determined to be the throttle body as well as the processor.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Jun 282013

Escape

While driving at normal speeds the car completely lost acceleration and the accelerator became unresponsive. The check engine light came on and the car reduced to idle. After placing the car in neutral and rolling to a stop the car was turned off and I waited for 5 minutes. Once restarted the car ran normally but continued to have the problem with no warning. When taken to the dealership they stated it was a faulty throttle body assembly.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Escape 6-cyl

On 5 different occasions while driving anywhere from starting from a stop light to traveling up to 70 mph on a major interstate my Ford Escape has suddenly lost power. The engine does not lock up, just all power is lost. I press the accelerator and there is no revving of engine. I have been able to get the car to a stop, but it will start to jerk and stall. Finally I turn it off, then restart it but it I having difficulty in starting. Thus far I have spent $240 for a tow and have had 3 mechanics investigate, one had no idea but had "heard about throttle body problems", a second told me to take it to the dealership and charged about $40 to clean the throttle body. The dealership has told me its the throttle body and will be charging about $365 to replace.

- Clayton, NC, USA

May 232013

Escape

I was on the interstate, approximately 6:30am, going 70 in a 65 zone. The radio was on, so I heard nothing strange, but suddenly, with no warning, my car lost the power moving it forward. I did not lose control of my 09 Escape. The steering remained ok, as did the brakes, but my car suddenly lost power in the engine to keep my car moving forward. As if maybe I had run out of gas - but there was no sputtering and I was not low on gas. I kept pressing the gas pedal thinking maybe there was trash in my gas line, but there was no change in the way my vehicle behaved. I was slowing down fast, but could steer myself to the shoulder of the highway. I turned the engine off, waited a minute or 2, and tried to start again. It took a minute to catch, but it finally did and I drove off. 5 miles down the highway, it did it again. Again, I struggled to the shoulder in heavy traffic, turned the engine off and waited. I was 50 miles from home in a rather remote area and I was scared. Again, I started my Escape - again it took a minute, but it did start and I made it all the way home without another problem. I drove directly to my local Ford dealership and my car his been there 36 days. I call every other week to check on the status of the part. They never have any news of the part coming. They have given me an excellent loaner car to drive, but this is not right. They tell me 1000's of people had the same part go bad across the us. We're all waiting. Just this morning, they say they now have a shipping number for the part we all need. They tell me 7 of us are waiting for the same part here in my small town. They hope the part will be here today or tomorrow. My local Ford estimates the repair cost to be $450. Surely this should be a recall item.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Jun 252013

Escape 4-cyl

Vehicle throttle stuck open at 45 mph.

- Apex, NC, USA

Jun 062013

Escape

While driving the engine suddenly would no longer respond to the gas pedal and would not accelerate. After pulling over and restarting the car, the problem went away. However, after a few days the problem happened twice more, this time with the engine completely shutting off while idling at a stop light and while driving slowly down a neighborhood street. The garage determined there to be a problem with the throttle body and it needed to be replaced.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

Escape 6-cyl

On Sunday, June 16, 2013, I was driving near topeka, Kansas, in a Suburban area with my wife, 5 year old daughter & 6 month old son in our 2009 Ford Escape. While driving approximately 25 mph the vehicle stalled while driving. Luckily we were not on a high traffic street so we were able to pull over to the side of the road, shut off the vehicle, and restart the car successfully. The Escape continued on without issue back home to lawrence, Kansas. The vehicle was driven around lawrence without any issue until Friday, June 21, 2013. On this date my wife had to commute from lawrence to Kansas City, Kansas, for work-related training. On her trip to Kansas City (kc) the vehicle stalled while driving at highway speed (60+ mph). She was successful restarting the vehicle but it stalled once again while in kc. She drove the Escape to shawnee mission Ford to see if diagnostics could be run on the vehicle, but there was not enough time left in the day to perform the full diagnostics. A service technician test-drove the vehicle and while driving it stalled once again. Because carseats for our two children were located in the Escape, my wife had to drive from kc back to lawrence so our family would have these items on hand. While driving from kc to lawrence the vehicle stalled once again at highway speed (60+ mph). Once back in lawrence the vehicle was dropped off at laird noller Ford, and on Saturday, June 22, 2013, it was determined by their service staff that the throttle body was defective. This part is currently on national backorder, so we could be without our primary family vehicle for more than 3 weeks. This will result in hardship on the family and could result in major financial costs if a rental vehicle is needed for the entire period we are without our primary family vehicle and could have resulted in serious injury or death as a result of this defect.

- Lawrence, KS, USA

Jun 112013

Escape

I was driving down the freeway when my car just stopped accelerating. The engine was still running, but nothing would work. The electronics in the car were still working.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Jun 152013

Escape

The car was running fine, then suddenly the engine seemed to die and the gas pedal stopped doing anything. The car then started vibrating and I had to get over to the side of the road before it lots its velocity. I restarted the car and it seemed fine; then later in the day the exact same thing happened. At other moments, sometimes while stopped, it seemed like the car revved its own engine (as if I was pressing the gas pedal, but I was not.) I could have been injured or injured someone if it was not for the fact that the road was narrow and I was able to get over to the side on time. I had it towed to the dealer, who told me the problem was the throttle body and that the throttle body was not covered under my extended warranty.

- Menlo Park, CA, USA

Escape 6-cyl

Driving again today and truck just shut off this is the second time in last two weeks is Ford go to recall this problem pulled code and code number is 2112 same code as before.

- Chicago, IL, USA