Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Nov 022017

Fusion

Takata recall. I was contacted over a year ago that my airbag inflator needed to be replaced. I was put on a wait list for this part to become available. I called my dealership again today, and I was told that the parts are still not available. The dealership told me that they do not know when the part will be available, and it will honestly, probably never get fixed because takata has filed bankruptcy! I live in Louisiana, which is a high priority state due to our hot and humid weather. I find Ford's handling of this dangerous problem to be completely unacceptable! my family / children drive around in this car, and now, we are actually in more danger if we do get into an accident!

- Mandeville, LA, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was contacted (harbin Ford/Chevrolet in scottsboro, al, 256-259-6400) and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Woodville, AL, USA

Nov 012017

Fusion

It's affecting my passenger side airbags. Ford dealer keeps telling me they don't have the parts to fix it for the past two years. They also told me that it may affect my trade - in price even though I bought it from them. I have not been able to drive with any passenger in fear of the airbags fatally deploying. This is a serious hazard and I live in a very hot climate which makes the risks even higher. Help me, I have not been able to get any recourse with this dangerous vehicle. Just owning a vehicle with such a risk is dangerous.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted. The manufacturer was notified of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available/parts distribution disconnect.

- Florala, AL, USA

Oct 312017

Fusion

Takata recall was never done on my car

- Chipley, FL, USA

Oct 272017

Fusion 6-cyl

Takata recall. I have not receive the part for my 2009 Ford Fusion for the passenger airbag and my car is on the list. I need my car to be fixed due to safety concerns. I am getting from dealers that the part has not even been created which is frightening my family. I got a notice in the mail last week that there is this serious issue. I am afraid to drive my car with a passenger.

- Deefield, IL, USA

Fusion

Takata recall we have tried to get our airbags replaced but Ford does not have the parts available and will not supply a rental car in the interim. We don't feel like the car is safe for our daughter to be driving and want the matter resolved.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. I contacted my local Ford and they explained that they did not receive the parts for this replacement so I'm not sure what to do about the defective airbag(s). There is a claim form online but I am unclear as to whether or not I should submit that or just take my car to the local dealer.

- Tinton Falls, NJ, USA

Jan 102017

Fusion

Takata recall in January 2017. The parts to fix this is still not available 10 months later. It has been too long and I would like to have the airbags fixed as soon as possible.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA

May 102017

Fusion

(takata recall) airbags have not been replaced we have not been notified to bring car in to replace inflators.every time we call...Ford doesnot have parts yet. We are told they will call

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Fusion

Takata recall I received several notice to get the airbag changed so I called two Ford dealers and they both said they cannot fix it, even they know it will definitely increase the risk of fatal accident!

- Chicago, IL, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact received the recall notice several months ago. The dealer (chuck anderson Ford, 1910 w jesse james rd, excelsior springs, mo 64024 (816) 630-3673) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact received a postcard from tk holdings, alerting her that they filed for bankruptcy. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Camden, MO, USA

Takata recall

- White Oak, PA, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer was contacted (john bleakley Ford in lithia springs, ga, 770-941-9000) and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 292017

Fusion

This safety air bag recall (17V024) began January 10, 2017. Here we are at almost November of 2017 with no solution of getting my vehicle repaired. This is the vehicle my wife, our daughter and myself use regularly. The recall indicates the air bags could deploy improperly, so why does the manufacturer continue to put our family at risk? please get the replacement parts to our local dealer so we can get our vehicle repaired asap.

- Newark, IL, USA

Fusion 4-cyl

Takata recall. Received recall notification in Mar 2017 from Ford. Search of VIN on safecar.gov shows remedy not yet available. Contacted dealership, they have no expected date for remedy and have received no guidance from Ford manufacturer to date. This is unacceptable. Ford is supposed to be working on supplier for this recall, yet seems to be doing nothing. The NHTSA also has not initiated inquiry as to why Ford has not yet started to work on this recall - also unacceptable. This is a serious recall, I wish someone would make Ford act. Now receiving bankruptcy notices from takata informing me that I may not have any remedy after all. Someone needs to make Ford step up or create an exception for vehicle owners to have airbag switch installed on their vehicle. I will be contacting my congressman on Monday about the switch exception - I suggest everyone who owns a Ford Fusion 2009 do the same. There is no fix on the horizon and no one seems to be working to address this issue.

- Yorktown, VA, USA

Oct 292017

Fusion

Takata recall. No injury yet but they have been recalled but there is not a fix yet. Unsafe to continue to drive. Worried about injury.

- Hartford City, IN, USA

Oct 282017

Fusion

Takata recall - I have contacted john bleakley Ford in lithia springs, ga several times over the past year and a half (since July 2016 when I received a recall notice in the mail) requesting a replacement airbag but I have been told each time that there are no parts available. This is very frustrating and unsafe!

- Lithia Springs, GA, USA

Oct 282017

Fusion

Takata recall. Our vehicle is subject to the takata airbag recall. We received a legal notice from tk holdings Inc explaining the airbag recall and it explicitly says to "contact you nearest dealership immediately to schedule a free repair." This morning we called beyer Ford, 170 riddle ave, morristown, NJ (973-644-3200) to schedule the repair and they did not know anything about this and would not schedule us for the repair.

- Morris Plains, NJ, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion

July 2016 - Ford safety recall notice 16S26/NHTSA recall 16V-384. October 28, 2017 -regisistered with tkrestructuring/ppic, regarding the chater 11case. Also, attached copy of the initial safety recall received from Ford. Freddy gurr 52 forrest place atlanta, ga 30328 phone: 404-545-8029 email: Freddy_gurr@att.net

- Atlanta, GA, USA