Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Cortese Ford (2500 West henrietta rd, rochester, New York 14623, (800) 501-6470) was made aware of the recall and stated that the part would become available on September 15, 2018. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jan 112018

Fusion 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags). The contact called depaula Chevrolet at 518-278-6036 (located at 785 central ave, albany, NY 12206) and was informed that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Consumer stated airbag was fixed on 11/14/18. Updated 12/18/18

- Glenmont, NY, USA

Jan 292018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags) and stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to perform the recall repair. The dealer (fenton Ford, 9515 NY-13, camden, NY 13316) confirmed that parts were not available to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Camden, NY, USA

Aug 222018

Fusion

There has been recall for the airbag inflators on this vehicle since 2016 and the Ford dealership indicates it is still waiting on the part to fix. We have been trying to get this issue fixed since notice of recall in 2016.

- Delcambre, LA, USA

Aug 082018

Fusion

Takata recall. Ford dealership called to notify of replacement for passenger side air bag. I asked who is manufacturing the replacement airbag, I was informed it's still takata. Is this safe?

- Uvalde, TX, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Maxwell Ford (5000 S ih 35 frontage rd, austin, tx 78745, (512) 443-5000) was contacted and confirmed that the part was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dripping Springs, TX, USA

Jun 132018

Fusion

Tried to brake as usual and brakes were not as responsive and needed more pressure/time to stop. ABS light came on shortly after. Ford believes that the cause is ABS module and/or ABS hcu (ABS pump motor failure). They are unable to determine actual cause until I py $3,000 to replace each potential issue. While brakes seem to operate ok now, the car needs more time to stop. Have seen multiple complaints online w the same issue (spongy brakes, ABS module failures). I have also been unable to obtain the recall replacement for passenger side airbag as they are short on parts.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Fusion

Takata recall. There has been no action taken by Ford on this recall for my vehicle. I received first notice March 2017. I need this car to Transport grandchildren. I'm horrified that no action has been taken to replace my airbag!!!!!!!!

- Papillion, NE, USA

Fusion 6-cyl

2009 Ford Fusion. Consumer writes in regards to air bag recall. Consumer would like to know when parts will be available for repair.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (george ballentine Ford-Lincoln, 1305 SC-72 business, greenwood, SC 29649, 864-223-6656) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Greenwood, SC, USA

Jun 082018

Fusion

We were notified in January 2017 of the airbag recall. We have contacted our dealer every 2 to 3 month since then. On 06/08/2018 we received a letter stating that they would provide a rental car until the airbag was ready to be replaced. We are now unable to get a rental car. I Transport children in the car daily and I need a safe car for them to ride in.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Jun 012016

Fusion

Takata recall in 2016 I received a recall notice for my airbags and have not received any assistance to get this fixed.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

May 302018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer (sunset Ford of waterloo, 1425 il-3, waterloo, il 62298, (618) 939-6171) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Waterloo, IL, USA

Fusion 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer (metro Ford, 6455 S western ave, Chicago, il 60636, (773) 776-7600) confirmed part unavailability and was unable to verify when they would be supplied from the manufacturer. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. *

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 042018

Fusion

Takata recall: I received a letter about the recall and that I would be contacted when parts were available. Months later I have now gotten a letter saying no parts are available so Ford will provide a rental car, but when I called the dealer they said they could not do that because the recall is years long. So it seems I am just driving in a known unsafe car with no recourse

- Madison, WI, USA

Jun 022018

Fusion

Takata recall. I purchased this car from keith hawthorne Ford in March 2009. The car was new and now has only been driven 35,000 miles. I returned to them for servicing until 10/30/20014 (21,646 miles) for servicing. Because, I was not getting any answers concerning the recall, I then went to honest-1 for servicing until recently when my son told me to take it to a Ford dealership and they will take care of the recall. When the recall was announced, then the takata bankrupt announcement. I kept asking Ford dealerships. First keith hawthorne Ford, then performance Ford and now felix sabates Ford here in charlotte, nc all on South blvd.the status of the recall. The answers were. "takata went bankrupt. "we haven't received the part yet. We will call you when we get it." Hawthorne Ford never called! additionally, "they sent the wrong part." Now felix sabates just announced at my last servicing on 04/24/20018, (33,386 miles) "that I have gone beyond the limitation of the recall, and Ford is no longer required to honor the recall." I was also told that I received a letter announcing the recall. I did not received a letter announcing the recall! to say that I am upset is a understatement. I worry for my wife's safety every time she gets in the passenger seat anywhere we go. Respectfully submitted,

- Charlotte,, NC, USA

Fusion

Takata recall --now nearly 1.5 years after the recall was announced, and still no part available to fix the car.

- Woodside, NY, USA

May 142018

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 18V046000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. Roy Ożbrien Ford (22201 E 9 miles road, St clair. Shores, mi 48080, (586) 776-7600) was contacted and confirmed that the parts were not available for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and was not able to confirm when the parts were to become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Oct 012016

Fusion

The entire dash board is lifting from its original form. The storage/glove compartment won't even open anymore due to the dashboard lifting. My a.C. has now stop working and when I took it in for service I was told it could be part of the air bag issue. The vent that is located towards the windshield continues to fall out and now just goes right through it. The vehicle has not been in any major accident or damage in the front to trigger the bag to go off just yet. I notice this about a year and half ago. I contact Ford in el cajon, ca and they told me I would have to pay to get it diagnosed and if they can prove that it is the air bag I will get a refund but if not I'm looking at $2500 to put everything back together and potentially fixing everything else. I made numrous calls and I am still awaiting for a response

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jun 132016

Fusion

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. The contact received a recall notice in June of 2016 for NHTSA campaign number: 17V024000 (air bags). The contact called the manufacturer and was informed that parts were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not sure what company was going to be making the replacement air bags and there was no date for when air bags would be available to complete the recall repair. The dealer was not contacted regarding part availability. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kansas City, MO, USA